Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Paris in Feburary

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
julie08

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Paris in Feburary Reply with quote

Normally whats the weather in early feb? And how many layers should I wear when I go there? Abit concerned if I have enough clothes to wear. Don't wish to freeze when I get there.

Any nice places to recommend? Looking for a flea market to see jewellery and small stuff not furniture.

And which sales to go to?

Cheers and thanks
simona

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best is to look at the weather forecast on the net( you can get a 10 forcast, ususally quite accurate) before you go.
February is cold, always.But the number of layers depends also on if you are young or not so young, male or female, where you come from ( weather wise), etc.
cris

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: fevrier in paris Reply with quote

february can be quiet chilly just layer up,regarding flea market the biggest is puce de st ouen easily metro accesible open only 3 days a week ,better selection on saturday but more bargening power on monday ,some booth are closed on monday ,this flea market is composed of different market ,it is quiet big and you can get everything ,try too bring a french native to help the bargening at least 10% more like 20-25 depending on your good face and the mood of the vendor up to 50 if condition are rigth and the bargaining tactic up to pare. some other puce like vanves are fun too .
Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Simona said, it can get cold in feb, but does depend on how you feel the cold as to what you will need to wear.

Remember that you need layers. The shops are way over heated and you will need to be able to take off layers quickly and carry them around (and in reverse when leaving the shop)

So far the sales are a bit disappointing. Will be going for a proper sales shop next week, so more after that.

When you get to Paris buy the l'Official de Spectacle, or Pariscope and they list all the exhibitions, markets, puces, brocantes etc in Paris.

I like the puce at St Ouen for furniture and large items, but not much else. But everyone has a different opinion. Don't go there unless you deal well with huge crowds and sleaze bags harrassing you as you walk through. (I have really long blonde hair and just cannot go there on my own as I get harrassed and followed and annoyed so badly it is ridiculas - I am ok till they start grabbing me,... then I tend to turn into a nasty girl and if they don't back off I get ready for battle)
Elizagard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When visiting Paris with variable cooler weather, I've found a few things especially helpful to bring. One is a raincoat with a zip-in warm lining. You can take out the lining if it warms up. And a scarf or two. I'm always taking mine off and on when there as you go from walking around in cool streets to overheated areas like the metro. It's amazing what a difference even a silk scarf can make and it slips easily into my pocket. And I tend to tote around a small umbrella in my bag. In California, you can usually tell in the morning whether it's likely to rain. But Paris can be sunny in the morning, then suddenly drop rain on you for a few minutes out of nowhere. So, I learned my lesson.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: