Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Amelie Mauresmo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Australian Open Winner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Amelie Mauresmo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Australian Open Winner Reply with quote

Hi all tennis fans...we've just seen Amelie's acceptance speech after winning the final. A gracious speech it was..Justine Henin-Hardenne forfeited...she looked so unwell...my heart went to her.

It was an odd time...

Seems Amelie has a special cellar and there's a certain bottle to be opened..I think the commentator mentioned the year '39 ~ may she enjoy every drop..

a haiku...why not!

game

energetic sounds
sweat speeding balls involvement
white once the fashion:-)

GO FRANCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Vickie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt very sorry for Henin-Hardenne - you must have to feel really awful to retire in a Grand Slam final. But congrats to Mauresmo...it's been a long time coming!

My wine buff other half's ears pricked up when he heard about the '39 bottle - I think he was more interested in that then the tennis!!!
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone must know of the bottle!....am intrigued Wink ...I agree that you'd have to feel more than awful to pull out of such a match...

ah...the battle tomorrow! I'm so much looking forward to it...a feast of tennis as they say...
Debbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madame, I love you!

Thanks for the update. Even though I am not the sort of person to miss out on running around so I can sit down and watch sports on tv, I do like to know what is happening. Feeling a little deprived sometimes over here as I have to wait for my family to say something, or give them a little prompt.

Once again you have given me food for my soul.
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.smh.com.au Wink always good when a little Oz news might come in handy...to dip into the homeland as it were...

a little tired after the Mozart b'day party last night! The HOMEMADE Sachertorte was scrumptious...although the icing seemed a tad too sweet! crumbs..and for Queen Sweet Tooth that's saying something...we turned off the lights (apart from candles)...listening to music...I'd asked each guest to select a glass from my collection...Mozart liqueur...a friend said she'll never forget the looks of joy on the faces...wondrous night

We will sit with drinks tomorrow (it's soooooooooooooooooooooooo hot!) and watch two fine tennis players...Debbie...I'll imagine you with us!

Debbie Dearest....'tis midnight...time to look at the scrumptious night sky...sweet dreams to all..especially to Justine...especially
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: