Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

anybody know of good cookery courses in thailand?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carrie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: anybody know of good cookery courses in thailand? Reply with quote

hi all,

i'm heading off to thailand soon for a couple of weeks and would love to do a thai cookery course when i'm over there.

has anyone here done something like that? any recommendations?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: anybody know of good cookery courses in thailand? Reply with quote

The Four Seasons Hotel runs cooking courses - I've taken a Thai cooking class there before. They are a bit expensive, and they're not really hands on but it is an interesting introduction to Thai cuisine.

If you ever get to Bali, they have a great cooking course there at the restaurant Bumbi Bali (or something of the sort, ask around). Its run by a Swiss guy I think, and the cooking course includes a trip to the market and cooking a huge amount of dishes. Its a lot of fun.
Bibliocook

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time I was in Bangkok I did a Thai cookery course at Baipai Thai Cooking School which I can't recommend highly enough. It cost 1,400 Baht/person (about €30) which included a recipe book and a cooked lunch - you make it yourself! It was completely hands-on and I learned loads about Thai food and cooking during the course of the day.

They also provide free transfers from and to hotels in central Bangkok which was brilliant. I was staying a bit out of the way so I got picked up first but the driver was fascinating and I learned a lot about the city during the time it took to get there.

Their website is here: www.baipai.com
simona

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest you to ask PIM, from the blog Chez Pim ( it's listed on C&Z favourite blogs). I'm sure she could help you. I believe that the Oriental Hotel has a famous ccoking course, but I'm not sure . Better ask Pim.
Lilia Dignan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to recommend asking Pim. She has recently come back from a nostalgic trip to Thailand and wrote about all the favorite things she used to eat and do as a child growing up in Bangkok. Of course, Simona beat me to it. Guess being in the West Coast of the US, I always check in on the forum at a later time of the day.

Enjoy your time in Thailand!

-Lilia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: