Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

First time Mother

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJBodell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: First time Mother Reply with quote

Hi all you moms out there!

One of my dearest friends just informed me that the is pregnant with her first baby.

What were the most special thing that were done for you while you were pregnant with your first child?
What were the most meaningful gifts?

What was helpful? What was not?

Thanks --

Clueless here.
isis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: first time mother Reply with quote

I am so happy for your friend.

I don't know about the most special thing done for me whilst pregnant but the most special moment for me was to feel my baby move for the first time it was like a flutter in my tummy. Most distinct but gentle at the same time. Almost like my baby was saying hello mummy. Later when she got stronger she clear kicked my partner out of bed. Which he has never let her forget.

The most unhelpful thing was listening to other peoples horror stories of Drs and Midwifes making mistakes or being forceful with the mothers. I choose to ignore these after a while. The body is a wonderful thing and woman are meant for bearing children so let the body do it's thing. No Dr was gonna come near me with forceps. Having said that I know of mothers that have had no choice but to have intervention due to the risk factor of themselves or their child. But for me it was the most wonderous occasion.

Good luck and healthy pregnancy wishes to your friend. Enjoy every moment it is over too quickly.

Isis. Very Happy
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJBodell

You might like to have a read through the Baby Shower topic that Erin started a few months ago. It has some great, practical gift ideas and some very useful information, in amongst the general discussion about holding a baby shower.

I'm a midwife, and one thing that really breaks my heart is seeing masses of flowers in a new mother's room. They die in a week, or less in airconditioning, then have to be thrown out. I keep thinking that if the money spent on flowers was given to the parents, they could pay a house cleaner for several months at least. Even if I was giving a potted plant or something special to be planted, I'd wait for a while until they can think about more than feeling tired and the mountains of washing, or plant it for them myself so it has the best chance of surviving.

And I've said in the Baby Shower thread, don't give size 0000 clothes - they are outgrown in no time flat.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
varnadore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to your friend.
When my youngest son was born 7 women at the church where I worked signed up to bring my family a meal one day a week for the first week home! My husband just had to call and tell them that the day had arrived! It was a really wonderful gift.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: