Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Food "Don't's" from Disney

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Food "Don't's" from Disney Reply with quote

If you're a Disney fan these things may work for you but I'd put them into the same category as the VanGogh cum cake frosting myself.

Now being served at the Pop Century Resort:

Debbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy.... cannot believe you have found another one Rainey!

The cake is not too bad... I think there was a stage in the 70's when Birthday cakes started looking like that (maybe not so bright though Wink ).

But.... the marshmallow thingy looks revolting!!!! Shocked What on earth is it?!
BookGirl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... it looks like maybe a s'more sandwich? A s'morewich? the bread is ugly. but I do love s'mores and I do love sandwiches... a s'morewich could be really good on toasted french or sourdough, don't you think? the sorta sour bread with the rich chocolate and gooey sweet marshmallow? but the technicolor bread is a bad, bad idea Confused
Rainey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They described it as a fuffernutter sandwich.

Do you guys know those things from the 50's? They were peanut butter and a spreadable marshmallow — hence the toasted marshmallow garnish. But it looks to me as tho there's some caramel oozing out along with the runny PB. Makes it look very much like a s'more on acid, I'll agree. Shocked
swan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ieuw, that looks scary. I feel like singing 'Joseph and the technicolor dreamcoat-stuff!'
BookGirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a fluffernutter sandwich once... Even though I love sweets and always have, all I remember about eating it was thinking... ewww, weird. to this day, i havent had it again and have never been tempted.

And this sandwich certainly isnt helping!
David

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd LOVE to take my grandson to Disney and watch his eyes bulge out in joy when either of those two psychedelic treats is presented to him! Definitely not for adults, but I long to be 4 again to fully appreciate them.
swan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well...you don't really need to eat the food to enjoy Disney, or to feel 4 again...the music, the atmosphere...I really like it and feel an instant happy child again, who dances in the street...( I really need to go there soon again....)
Rainey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Righto! Being 4 would really help!

I remember when I was young and first learning to cook. Blue was my favorite color and I insisted in putting blue food coloring in cookies. No warning would avail. BLECH! Even I couldn't eat them. ...and I'm guessing I must have been 8ish.

Color is important to food. No doubt about that. Even into my college years I wouldn't eat purple foods (a cellular memory of those blue cookies?). And, other than that I wasn't a picky eater in the least. Now, of course, I love eggplant/aubergine, plums and even those lovely Dutch purple peppers.
FoodSciGeek

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At my previous job I got some very vibrant blue cereal pieces that really weren't suitable for the intended purpose. I made them into rice crispie squares with jubjubes and M&M's and took them to a group activity with a bunch of girls 8-12. The kids loved them, hardly any of the grown ups ate them.
Barbara

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.colormatters.com/appmatters.html
Rainey - here's a website for you. Blue is an appetite suppressant and used in weight loss control.
Rainey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara- What an intersting link! It's quite surprising to see the colors of identical veggies Photoshopped.

Gotta take exception with one item tho. When a Canadian company that made an eqivalent to M&Ms (were they Smartees?) took the blue candies out they were met with insurrection and had to add them back in. Here, we had a small amount of hysteria over the red ones. They were made with a food dye that was gonna kill us all, dontchano. ...and sugar dagrees will give us lead poisoning too. Imagine what a life I would have had had I not eaten half a pound of them every Christmas! Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: