Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Happy Easter!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pesto Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Happy Easter!!! Reply with quote

Does anyone have aany special dinner plans other than the ocassional candy egg of Chocolate Bunny? We will be dining on the the real thing, not a chocolate replica, yes, I am eating the Easter Bunny Shocked

As we speak Pierre Lampin a.k.a. fluffie is enjoying a bath of olive oil garlic, lemon juice and herbs. He will then be placed over a bed of hot coals and stay there until golden, brown , and delicious!!! He will then be consumed along with some grilled fennell. beets, and asparagus bundles wrapped in ham. an Itallian Strawberry ice will follow.

Whatever your menu, I wish you a good meal and a Happy day!
Rainey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yum! how I wish I could join you. I love rabbit but no one else in my family does. Apart from that, it's lovely to hear that you're in a celebratory mood in your part of the world. Wink

Happy Easter to you and everyone else who's celebrating it. I hope Passover is moving and affirming for everyone who celebrates it. And there may be other holidays at this time of year that I'm not aware of.

Happiness and Peace to all!!!
Sarape

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did my Easter weekend listening to two of the Bach Passions -- St. John and St. Matthew, and consuming my regular diet of cornmeal gruel.

I'm still amazed that Bach wrote such wonderful music back in the 1720's.
Susan in Italy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Happy Easter Reply with quote

I just got back from an early Greek Easter celebration. I think the actual date is next Sunday. We spiked a whole lamb with garlic, spread it with oregano, salt and pepper and then the next day, we roasted it on a spit for 6 hours. Everybody took turns turning. It was delectable. The Saturday preparation is on my blog now and the Sunday cooking will appear tomorrow. Kali Paska!
FoodSciGeek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't go as all out as usual... but I only had two guests.

They brought some nice bread, olives, hummus etc. for an appetizer.

I started with a salad of mixed baby greens topped with articokes, olives, cucumber, tomato, onion and chevre in a light dressing. Then roasted a ham, which I served with a homemade mustard and tarragon sauce, roasted asparagus with fresh ground pepper and coarse salt. For starch, I made scalloped potatoes with gorgonzola cheese.

By the time we made it through the main course, no one had room for dessert, so I took it in to work Monday. It was Villacollinette's wonder flourless chocolate cake, which I served with strawberries and a balsamic vinegar reduction.

How did the Easter bunny turn out Pestoman?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: