Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Moroccan restaurant in Paris

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkalins

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Moroccan restaurant in Paris Reply with quote

We're bringing our 13-year old son to Paris in a few weeks and would love to take him to an authentic Moroccan restaurant like the ones I remember from the old days! Would love low pillows, low tables, the real experience. Any suggestions?
Barbara

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over by the Arabian Institute (http://www.greatbuildings.com/buildings/L_Institut_du_Monde_Arabe.html) -

a building worth visitng anyway - is a Mosque that has been converted to a restaurant but I don't remember the name. It's not quite the cushions on the floor type of place although it is split into two areas, with one area more like you are wanting.
cigalechanta

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've hear that Mancouria in the 11th at 11 Faid herbe is very good.
Lesley

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Mansouria is good. Another one I just LOVE is Timgad. It's on the Rue Brunel, right down the other side of the Champs Elysees from the ARc de Triomphe. (Metro Argentine). It's really a great place and serves a WONDERFUL couscous. Don't skimp on the 3 tiered Moroccan dessert tray with mint tea. SO good.

Lesley
simona

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what are your " old times:", but in my old times ( 72'-77'), we students used to eat at the Bebert restaurants, which were relatively expensive but delicious. I have no idea what happened to the chain today, maybe the Parisians could help.
Bon Appetit - and I envy you that your 13 YO accepts to eat anything else besides Mc.Donalds. Ours ( grandson) was completely indifferent to this aspect of Paris ( he liked the crepes au chocolat though).
CakeMama

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a wonderful place in the 3rd. The food is moderately priced but the place is a lot of fun, especially on weekends. Restaurant 404, 69 RUE DES GRAVILLIERS 75003 PARIS. When the place really gets going people dance on the tables. Make sure to call for a reservation as they fill up quickly and have only 2 seatings. Happy eating.
Steph8586

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Moroccan Restaurant in Paris Reply with quote

We enjoyed Al Mounia near the Trocadero. Great food, fabulous decor.

http://www.al-mounia.pagesrestos.com/index.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: