Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Translation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Io

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Translation Reply with quote

Need help from the C&Z community for a little translation. Can please someone tell me what the following sentence says? This is someones comment on an appartment I am considering to rent.

ce qui n'est pas précisé dans l'offre ( problèmes de ravitaillement le soir de l'arrivée ) Aucun contact avec les propriétaires qui ne vivent pas sur place

Thanks in advance
David

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Io! I'll give it a whirl although my French is generally less than passable at best. Beyond restaurants and hotels I'm usually at quite a loss. But anyway, it seems your friend is telling you that

" they were somewhat vague in their offer ( not able to have the place all ready the evening of your arrival) Not able to make contact with the owners as they don't live on the premises"

or something like that. Does that make sense in context. The word "ravitaillement" according to the concise Oxford means "supplying, replentishing, provisioning, revictualling" so it had to be tweaked to fit.
Io

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you David.

Yes, it does make sense. Thank you.

Greetings from Munich, Germany!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: