Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

raising glasses to Tim Berners-Lee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sweet~Savoury

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: raising glasses to Tim Berners-Lee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

ok sweet ones....here I/we are in Judy's computer/nerve centre of the house/ebay room..

such a night...

apart from the Socceroos winning last night...I mean how exciting!

ok..keep on topic keep on topic...

3 brief haikus in honour of this oh oh oh so wondrous night...apart from the other night of meeting..what joy.

wonderment

so at home! friendship
Clotilde, you, our common thread
glasses raised to all

savoury

leaf-bowl I did see
Maggie Beer-coated pork sliced
and we drank the wine...

sweet

panna cotta planned
phoned recipe Semaphore
runny cream? BINGO!!!

'n my wish this South Australian night...that all have the joy of such a meeting...

and special love to Barbara in NZ...special...

hugs...

And now it's over to the savoury side of things - Judy here now.

Madame has taken some beautiful photos which we'll (try) to post for your viewing pleasure ....

Judy & Madame (Savoury & Sweet) with Lonely Planet France guide

Dinner - Pork with Quince Paste Glace, mashed potatoes & sauteed cabbage

Dessert - Panna Cotta with berries, & Maggie Beer's Verjuice to complete the shot!

Madame wishes to invite all C&Z members to the seaside town of Glenelg tomorrow morning for brunch.

And if you stay long enough, this is the sort of sunset you will see over Glenelg beach ...

Madame et Papa in sillhouette

Sunset over Gulf St Vincent
simona

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm raising my ( chamoagne?) glass with pleasure, but who is Tim Barner-Lee?
Nice photos, seems you had a wonderful time.

No more war, more ( champagne) glass raising
gisele

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madame, Judy - that sunset looks beautiful, I wish you pleasure and happiness. Good to see you both ahving such a wonderful time!

Simona - Tim Berners Lee combined hyper-text protocol with the internet and created World Wide Web, basically the construction of websites.
Barbara

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a lovely post from you both. I was a little confused as to who this sweet and savoury were. I looked up the profile before I read the post. Silly me.
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am finding myself quite envious. Happily/hopefully I will get to meet Judy in the winter!
You two look like you are having a wonderful time.

"It's hot ham water."
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erin, we did have a wonderful time. I've just farewelled Madame et famille at the airport and was very sorry to see them leave.

If you and Phil are anywhere in the Pacific Northwest this December, we will meet, I promise! My friend who lives near Mt Vernon is a teacher at Lucille Umbarger Elementary School ( I think that is what it's called), which is in Burlington. What is the name of the gallery that displays your mother's work - I'll tell my friend to look for it.

Hugs to all

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..what a scrumptious time!

and the joy joy joy of meeting Judy...how about that..both Barbara AND Judy...talk about treats and a half. Very Happy

brunch was fun..Judy, bless her heart, brought muffins, ham, hollandaise sauce..we had 4 eggs in the pantry...

I do hope that over the months, years..more and more of us will get to meet..and it would seem I'll be meeting Debbie in August...golly ~ such presents of life..

c'nz haiku for fun

shall we sip bubbles
my home your home in friendship
this internet fun!

hugs
after I catch my breath..I'll be back on board..'tis been a busy and a bit more time over these weeks...
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judy,
She has nothing there currently, but several of her friends do. She is working very hard at her art and hopes to show there much more often. I believe it is called the Blue Horse Gallery. I'll check that with her and let you know for sure.

"It's hot ham water."
Donna

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - great photos! It looks as though a delightful time was had by all! And isn't it great to be on a food blog instead of a car mechanics blog! The perks are amazing! Laughing

I'm not much of a Haiku-er, limericks are more my thing, but this is in honor of Madame and Judy...

A wire for the world
connections to new old friends
Happiness on line

And one more to you...

Madame & Judy met at C & Z
Clotilde made this friendship reality!
Madame went to Adelaide
And, joyfully, with Judy played
They feasted & toasted Tim Berners-Lee

So happy for you two to have connected. It's rare enough in these hustle and bustle days!
Smile
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to all from the sweet~savoury team, aka Madame 'n' Judy.

Here we are together again, this time at Madame's home in Sydney. We've just had the most delicious lunch, crafted by Madame and enjoyed by all. There are so many cookbooks here I can't decide where to start reading. I think I'll need to sneak back for a visit sometime when I have a spare month or 2 to devote solely to cookbook reading.

As always, it's a delight spending time with Madame and her family. And now it's over to the lady herself.....

ah sunshines all!

this Dame Judy brings such a glow to life....as the Spanish say..my home is your home...stayed the night at my father's...soccer wonder in the early hours of the morn...oh my these Socceroos! courage 'n flair 'n all...to the beauty of Brooklyn we drove...'n the fog ~ a pea souper!

big smile..simply thinking of this day! ....shopped the day before because I knew we were on a time thing.. Crying or Very sad such is life!

feta, prawns, maple syrup 'n King Island cream (latter 2 because waffles were to be made)..

Siegfried peeled the vegetables while we were driving home...

will send Judy some photos...we don't have all the gizmos necessary to get them on c'nz...

Judy's having a wee browse through the cookbooks...the latter are happy in her company. While waffle batter was being made..and waffles cooked...Sieg took Judy 'n Brian (a guest) to the Olympic Whitewater course...the scene of moi falling out of a raft..and ...well...it doesn't really bear writing about...suffice to say I'll not do it again...

Mozart liqueur drank from my favourite winged aperitif glasses...

all in all a scrumptious day...this internet/blog/passion of life thing have a lot going for them!

merci Clotilde

June 23 'n Jude

twice in the same month
as a birthday it would seem
ongoing friendship...
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a photo of me'n'Madame taken at her home last Friday. The bookshelf behind us is full of cookbooks, and there's another one just like it on the other side of the computer table to my left. Madame is holding an Alice B Toklas cookbook, and I'm holding The Enchanted Broccoli Forest. My own copy of that book has been very well-used over the years. Madame's is in almost mint condition, but then, she has lots more vegetarian cookbooks to choose from. I wish I had a spare month or 2 to just sit and read them all.

Sorry if the photo's too big. If it causes anyone problems, let me know and I'll resize it.

Here's an interesting snippet...

We were having lunch the other day with some fellow Ebayers, and of the 6 of us at the table, 4 of us had met our partners via the Internet. One guy from the US moved here to be with his Australian wife, an Aussie woman met her Norwegian husband, and Greg and I are both locals.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
swan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh girls, how WONDERFUL!
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep...wonderful it 'twas...1.09am...England and Portugal playing the soccer...I've just worked out I've been on the go for the past 18 hours Shocked ...4 of them were spent with a friend I met on the brokeback mt forum...we had a hoot....bit like meeting c'nzers...instant click...

we took the tram to St Kilda...Russian food...lots of talk..

moi is tired..

the photo brings back the memory of that oh so lovely day...

hugs from Melbourne
Rainey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh how lovely to see you both! I'm not sure if or how I visualized you, but as soon as I saw the photo it looked exactly "right". Wink

I feel as though I've finally met old friends!
gingerpale

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picture

Last edited by gingerpale on Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: