Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

50 Outstanding Canadian Animated Films

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: 50 Outstanding Canadian Animated Films Reply with quote

http://www.nfb.ca/animation/objanim/en/films/index.php

I've only seen a couple so far but I'm sure there's lots that's entertaining and provocative.
David

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canada has a great reputation for interesting animation. But we haven't been too hot on the feature length movie arena. Smaller countries such as Australia and New Zealand make us look pale in comparison. However Dick and I did have a bit of fun watching a Canadian film on Saturday. Actually I don't think you could find a more Canadian film than Men With Brooms, with the ever watchable Paul Gross and Leslie Neilson. I doubt there is another film in the world with curling as it's central motif! Throw in plenty of beaver, a Jimi Hendrix style version of O Canada, some very tough potty mouthed women, RCMP and references to places like Moose Jaw and you've got the quintessential Canadian film!
gingerpale

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

world

Last edited by gingerpale on Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Rainey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David- It sounds like a fun film.

Have I ever told you that when I lived there I got totally rapt in curling one day? I can't tell you what it was about it: half, maybe, trying to understand it than another half transfixed by the zen of it and the utter concentration of the players. I thought I had slipped a cork until Iz (entirely too cool adolescent that he was at the time) got sick one day and spent it watching TV on the sofa. He had exactly the same response.

Odd and neat. But a wiseass Slapshop-type film would be fun I bet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: