Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Take Home Chef

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Resources
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FoodSciGeek

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Take Home Chef Reply with quote

Anybody else out there hooked on Take Home Chef on TLC? The premise, smokin' hot chef with cute Aussie accent picks up people in the grocery store and goes home with them to make a suprise meal for their family or friends. I love it! What I really want to know, is where they film, so I can go hang around in produce sections looking clueless.
Franca

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: My brother likes that show. Reply with quote

I haven't seen it myself yet. It sounds kind of interesting, but some people at the Take Home Chef forum wondered whether it is partially rigged (does it really all happen 'live'?).

I like the sound of the concept.
FoodSciGeek

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to say if it's rigged. It definately happens in more affluent neighbourhoods/high end markets or stores. Generally, the peoples houses and kitchens are pretty clean for it to be totally spontaneously. On the other hand, a couple of times, people have had pretty messy cars (they have to drive him home with a camera man in the back seat).
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, who is the hot chef with the cute Aussie accent?

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
Brilynn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Take Home Chef Reply with quote

The chef is Curtis Stone and he's fantastic, tall blond Aussie. I'd also love to know where it's filmed so that I can camp out at the grocery store. I don't think the initial meeting all happens live, how does the person not notice a group of 12 people with lights and cameras approaching them?
Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the same Curtis Stone who I think has spent more of his life outside Australia.... hmmm.

Actually, I can't stand him. Sorry. Think he is egotistical and not a good representation of Australian manhood. Just my opinion though.

There used to be a series in Australia that did the same thing. It was on a few years ago. Could be quite fun, but it wasn't addictive tv.
gingerpale

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I googled his picture and I'm less than in love. I don't like it when men "do" their hair. I prefer just cut and comb, whether long or short.

Long ago I was quite taken with what I considered an Excellent Representation of Australian Manhood. Oh Peter from New South Wales--and his wretched little girlfriend!

Last edited by gingerpale on Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
David

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meow!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Resources All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: