Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Himbeer torte
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deborah

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some languages are much funnier than others when they are translated. For some reason, maybe the natural syntax of the German language makes it much funnier than other languages when it gets translated. When you visit your mother in law, ask her if she has a good recipe for baum kuchen, it is so delicious!
MarieStrawberry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Wondering.. Reply with quote

My cake in the women's weekly of all places!!! Smile
What a strange coincidence...
Im looking forward to the day when I can post some photos of it on a my blog (that im soon to get started..... Wink ) THe cake has whole raspberries in a translucent light red jelly on it.. Ill try any recipe that is similar till I get the right one - however there is a certain limit to how many tortes my Mum, Dad, brothers and sisters can eat in the amount of time I cook them - so i Ill want to get it right quickly ... Confused
Ill send an email to the cafe.. hope i get good results.. never done this kind of thingy before - do you think theyll be so kind to give me their special recipe? hmhmhmhmmmmmm
get back to you ..
swan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarieStrawberry...if you have the chance:Go meet Omi!

Madame, I wish I was closer and could come with you guys...both for Omi and the cake-results!

love from cold-misty-too-early-sunday-morning-Holland.

maybe I should go and bake a cake...

Last edited by swan on Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
climbeyalex

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarieStrawberry, the second cake picture you posted looks alot like cakes that can be found in cake shops where I live. The difference is that instead of raspberries in red jelly, they have slices of mangoes, kiwis and other fruit suspended in some kind of firm, clear jelly over a sponge cake, so maybe you can try suspending raspberries in a red jelly as someone suggested. Good luck finding the cake recipe. Smile
________
Mercury Colony Park history

Last edited by climbeyalex on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: eureka (sort of) Reply with quote

ah...Dear MarieStrawberry...we're back from Omi's..."New Idea" not the W's Weekly...and while I do have to admit it's a cake with a strong raspberry influence...alas..'tis not THE torte...however from a friend in Switzerland has come this link..sshe's a busy chick so I'm grateful for the link...otherwise she could translate...

http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/66881024580452/Himbeertorte.html

it's been given an average star rating of four and a half out of five...things are looking up...and the photo looks very much like yours...now we need a translator....

I'll print it out and see if I can make a visit to my sis in law...see how we go....MStrawberry...I'd still like you to meet Omi Wink

soon we will be baking this cake...in all spots on this planet we call home...
birgit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarieStrawberry, maybe I can help. It seems as if you need Tortenguss. It's possible to order it here: http://www.german-grocery.com/shop/pd-170563709-baking-aids-dr-oetker-tortenguss-rot.htm?categoryId=10
(One sachet of Dr Oetker Tortenguss is enough for one layer of fruit, so for a thicker layer I'd take at least two of them)

Basically Tortenguss is nothing more than liquid plus sugar plus gelatine.
The one you can buy tastes quite neutral (if you add water), but if you like you can enhance the flavor by partially substituting fruit juice.

Or you can try to make it from scratch:
Heat 500 ml fruit juice or wine and dissolve 100 g sugar (or less, depending on the sweetness of the fruit juice). Dissolve 5 sheets of gelatine (or look at the instructions on the package which say how many you need). Let cool down a bit until slightly thickened but still poorable (this prevents the cake base from getting too soggy). Place a metal tart ring around your favorite sponge cake, distribute the raspberries and then, starting in the middle, poor the semi thickened liquid. Make sure that it distributes evenly (e.g. with the help of a brush), i.e. every fruit should be covered so that it won't dry out. Let cool completely before removing the tart ring.

If you don't like gelatine (made of animal bones) you can also use agar-agar (vegetarian gelatine, I think it's made of algae).

Another method to prevent the sponge cake from getting soggy is by applying a thin layer of heated and dissolved raspberry jelly. Let it cool down before distributing the raspberries/applying the Tortenguss.

PS: Himbeertorte bought at a baker's shop is mostly more elaborated than the one you make at home. Possibly because it keeps better (or because they use to bake bigger sponge cakes which are cut horizontally instead of thinner ones consisting of bottom and top parts with closed bubble pores, which prevent sogginess a bit)
the bottom layer consists of a thin crust of shortcrust pastry, sometimes followed by a thin layer of marzipan, then a thin layer of jam, then sponge cake (or several layers of sponge cake and flavored cream stabilized with Sahnesteif (http://www.german-grocery.com/shop/pd1561765012-baking-aids-dr-oetker-sahnesteif.htm?categoryId=10 )), then fruit covered by Tortenguss. And of course deliciously toasted almond slices (or chocolate granules if it's a chocolate sponge cake) applied at the sides to hide the layer transitions Smile mhm ...

PS 2: Another swiss rasperry cake variety worth considering is:
a thin shortcrust pastry shell, bottom covered with a thin layer of (liquefied) chocolate (possibly to prevent sogging), followed by an inch of vanilla custard, raspberries and, as well, Tortenguss Smile

Have fun experimentalizing! Smile

Last edited by birgit on Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: the recipe...in German.. Reply with quote

MarieStrawberry...we're on the way my dear one!...slowly but surely...busy busy day...time to post this...maybe some gem of a German might translate! this recipe came from this site:
http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/66881024580452/Himbeertorte.html

the photo is JUST as you posted...so, it would appear THIS IS IT!

hugs

Himbeertorte

Zutaten für Portionen
Für den Mürbeteig:
60 g Butter, weiche
30 g Puderzucker
1 m.-großes Ei(er), davon das Eigelb
125 g Mehl
Für den Biskuitboden:
100 g Marzipan - Rohmasse
6 m.-große Ei(er), getrennt
Salz
50 g Zucker
60 g Mehl
20 g Speisestärke
350 g Konfitüre (Himbeerkonfitüre)
Für die Creme:
3 Blatt Gelatine, weiße
2 Blatt Gelatine, rote
275 g Himbeeren
2 EL Orangensaft
150 g Joghurt oder Vanillejoghurt
2 EL Himbeergeist
Salz
50 g Zucker
175 ml Schlagsahne
2 Blatt Gelatine, rote
500 g Himbeeren
2 EL Orangenlikör
125 ml Schlagsahne

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zubereitung
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grossansicht schliessenBild 2 von 2
wkling
Eigenes Bild hochladen » Butter und Puderzucker mit den Knethaken des Handrührers zu einer glatten Masse verarbeiten. Eigelb unterarbeiten. Dann das Mehl kurz unterkneten. Den Teig in Folie gewickelt 1 Stunde kalt stellen.

Die Marzipanrohmasse zerkrümeln und mit 1 Eigelb zu einer glatten Masse verarbeiten. Restliche Eigelb und 2 EL lauwarmes Wasser nacheinander unterarbeiten. 4 Eiweiß mit 1 Prise Salz steif schlagen, den Zucker dabei einrieseln lassen und weiterschlagen, bis er sich gelöst hat. Eischnee unter die Eigelbmasse heben. Mehl und Speisestärke darauf sieben und unterheben. Den Teig auf zwei mit Backpapier belegte Bleche auf je 36x30 cm aufstreichen. Nacheinander im vorgeheizten Backofen bei 200°C (Umluft 180°C, Gas 3) auf der 2. Einschubleiste von unten 5-7 Minuten backen.

Auf zwei mit Zucker bestreute Papiere stürzen, das obere Papier etwas anfeuchten und abziehen. Die Platten mit je 150 g Himbeerkonfitüre bestreichen, längs in je 10 Streifen à 3 cm Breite schneiden. Einen Biskuitstreifen aufrollen und hinlegen, die übrigen Streifen darumwickeln.(Foto!)

Den Mürbeteig auf einer bemehlten Fläche auf ca. 22 cm ø ausrollen (etwa so groß wie die Biskuitschnecke geworden ist), auf ein Blech mit Backpapier setzen und mehrmals einstechen. Bei gleicher Temperatur 12-15 Minuten backen. Abkühlen lassen und mit 50 g Konfitüre bestreichen. Die Spirale darauf setzen und einen Tortenring darum setzen.

Für die Creme die weiße und rote Gelatine in kaltem Wasser einweichen. Himbeeren und Orangensaft fein pürieren, durch ein Sieb streichen und mit dem Joghurt verrühren. Den Himbeergeist etwas erwärmen, die ausgedrückte Gelatine darin auflösen und unter das Himbeerpüree rühren. Kalt stellen. Sobald die Creme fest zu werden beginnt, die 2 Eiweiß vom Biskuitteig mit 1 Prise Salz steif schlagen, den Zucker dabei einrieseln lassen und weiter schlagen, bis er sich gelöst hat. Die Sahne ebenfalls steif schlagen und beides unterheben. Die Creme auf die Biskuitspirale streichen und die Torte 2 Stunden kalt stellen.

Für die Himbeerschicht die Gelatine in kaltem Wasser einweichen. 200 g Himbeeren fein pürieren, dann durch ein Sieb passieren. Den Orangenlikör erwärmen, die ausgedrückte Gelatine darin auflösen und unter das Himbeerpüree rühren. Die übrigen Himbeeren und das Püree auf der Creme verteilen. Die Torte weitere 2 Stunden kalt stellen. Den Tortenring abnehmen. Die Sahne steif schlagen und den Tortenran.
AngAk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stumbled on this. My German Mom made many cakes like this. It was her signature cake. Basically the "gel" topping in this recipe is gelatin and orange liqueur and pureed and strained raspberries. We use the Oetker Tortengus and if you can find it, Danish Dessert is a very fine glaze as well. It has much more color and flavor to it. It is a cornstarch based "pudding" that can be used for pudding or pie filling or glaze.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: