Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Summer in Chicago

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Summer in Chicago Reply with quote

Hi!
Dalal here! I am finally leaving the Middle East for a holiday, and I am on my way to Chicago. I am spoilt here with the variety of international cuisine. Is there such a thing in Chicago? Can anyone recommend some of their favorite eating places?
D.
KristainLondon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: There is a ton of international cuisine in Chicago! Reply with quote

Hope it's not too late for a reply...

Chicago is one of the most under-rated cities when it comes to restaurants, although the American food critics repeatedly recognize it as one of the best--if not the best--places for eating out.

Specifically, I'd recommend Rick Bayless' Topolobampo/Frontera Grill. Rick is well-known in the chef community for what he does with Mexican cuisine. Topolo is the fancier restaurant.

If you've got the money, go to Charlie Trotter's.

You should do the Chicago thing and have a hotdog--I'd recommend Hot Doug's for gourmet dogs and The Wiener's Circle on Clark/Wrightwood for late night hot dogs (but be prepared to be yelled at by the staff--it's their thing). OK, I know that's not totally international, but you should do it.

If you're a meat-eater, you need to have a steak at Morton's or Gene & Georgetti's

Otherwise, Google Phil Vettel, the Chicago Tribune restaurant critic. He has a record of responding personally to requests for suggestions--he used to run a bulletin board called Ask Phil, but it looks like that hasn't been updated in a while. Otherwise, check out http://www.metromix.com, the local site run by the Trib where everyone gets their tips.

Krista
http://kristainlondon.typepad.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: