Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Help! Can't find the food awards!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Resources
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjcollett

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Help! Can't find the food awards! Reply with quote

OK, I have to admit that I have no idea where to begin looking for these but I could have sworn I saw the original reference to them right here in C&Z.

This would have been over six months ago, I think. It was some kind of contest (perhaps not the right word) where people who were well-respected in the food (food blog?) community nominated their favorite food something (store/restaurant/etc.) and named the category themselves. I know, not much help, but there were several listings for places in Seattle (I found the fabulous Salumi in another post so that has been found) but I'd love to see the complete list so I can create the Seattle's best food places that I should have done when I first saw it and decided I didn't really have time right that minute, "but I'll remember where it is for future reference." Famous last words.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Deste

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you search?

I used google, Advanced Search and came up with this instantly:

http://seattlebonvivant.typepad.com/seattle_bon_vivant/independent_food_festival_awards/index.html.

Is this it?

If not, try my method:

First line for words: Seattle awards
For exact phrase: food blog

Hope this helps.
cjcollett

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This wasn't it but it got me to where I wanted to be: http://www.tastingmenu.com/awards/. Thank you so very much! I had tried something very similar in google but apparently it needed to be more specific. I put Seattle in one of my searches and...well, never mind. I'm just so glad someone out there was willing to come to my rescue--now I can go spend another hour or so digging around in the Tasting Menu site, copying and pasting locations I simply HAVE to go. I didn't want to work on a Sunday anyway Laughing

Thanks, again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Resources All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: