Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Coq au Vin?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JHolyfen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Coq au Vin? Reply with quote

Hi -- I read somewhere recently that coq au vin isn't found in Paris bistros much any more. On thinking about it, this seems correct -- I've been to Paris a few times and don't recall ever having seen it. And it's one of my favorite French dishes.

I'm going to be in Paris in October; can anyone recommend where I might find it? Thanks!

And if you're ever in Brooklyn, try the coq au vin at Fada in the Williamsburg neighborhood... Go on Saturday and you can listen to Fountainbleau (sic) native Stephane Wrembel's impeccable stylings of Django Reinhardt classics.
Lesley

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had it at Le Procope but I have to say it wasn't so great. And it's supposed to be their specialty!!
I have seen it on the menu of other small bistros...L'Epi Dupin I think???

Lesley
David

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It remains a mainstay of restaurants featuring regional cuisine in Burgundy, which I think is its place of origin. I personally, love it, cooked slowly and for a very long time until the meat almost falls off the bone, withboiled potatoes and carrots cooked with the chicken, oh and maybe an onion or two!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: