Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Belly DuJour -- any feedback?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Resources
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BellyDuJour

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Belly DuJour -- any feedback? Reply with quote

Hey everyone! I've been running a foodie site for a couple of months now and would love to hear what C&Z devotees have to say about it. We are not quite a blog, rather we deliver content via an email newsletter. Our focus is mainly food finds, but we also publish some chef interviews and recipes from time to time. Any feedback, good or bad, is appreciated.

Site is: www.bellydujour.com

Also, we just posted a pretty funny video on foods on a stick that you may enjoy: http://bellydujour.com/2006/09/video_on_a_stick.php

Thanks in advance!

-Michael

P.S. I think this is the right spot for this post, but if not please advise and I'll re-post.
cris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: belly du jour,already sold Reply with quote

this is not a web site for me ,it look like a promotional /redactional web site from a distributor /vendor of "gourmet product" who's trying not so discretly to generate buzz for is products. looking into some archive page i just found good review and no soul it's missing the zing and passion of clotilde.the editorial is not for sale it is already sold . Sad
BellyDuJour

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Ouch Reply with quote

Those are some tough accusations, but you are entitled to your opinion (however wrong and hurtful it may be). I can assure you that not one penny has been paid for editorial content on our site. We seek out what we think to be great products and cover them for our readers. You are right, there are no negative reviews, but we've sampled hundreds of products that we chose not to cover because in our opinion they were not worth featuring. Additionally, in your cursory glance of our archives you must have missed our recipe pieces, which have no product coverage at all.

You are correct in your assumption that we are trying to generate some buzz. I'm proud of what we publish and want to expand our readership. From reading previous postings I assumed this was the proper place to introduce the site, but as I wrote in my original post, if this is not the correct forum then please let me know.
David

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I like the flashes of humour and the enthusiasm of the site. The whole design is light hearted and good natured.

and I love your nickname!
David

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately i can't sign up for it because field 4 will not accept Canadian postal codes, appears to take only American zip codes.
BellyDuJour

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,

Thanks for the encouraging words. If you don't have a zip code, just enter 00001 in the zip code field.

-Michael
emilyj

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that this site is interesting- although if you would like to make a feature of the chef interviews etc. then maybe you could have a section on it rather than putting them in the "leftovers" section. Just a suggestion though- overall I think it is a nice site. If I lived in North America, I might have signed up but in Australia I don't have access to many of the products.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Resources All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: