Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Sushi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ptegan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Sushi Reply with quote

Amazing!

I came along to post a question on sushi only to see that it's the subject of the latest blog entry Smile

Anyways....

Well after spending 2 weeks in San Francisco and the South Bay area I know have to face up to the fact that sushi in Paris now seems second-rate. The fish is fresh but almost every resto offer the same fare, the same choice.

Last week I was munching on the Santa Cruzer (smoked salmon, cream cheese and cucumber), Ultra Bitchig (shiitake, avocado, cucumber, fake crab, topped with a slab of warm barbecue unagi and wrapped in BBQ eel) and the Rasta Roll (macadamia nuts and several kinds of seaweed).

This week in Paris, the most exotic maki on offer is a Californian roll. Smile

Has anyone been to a a good and varied sushi place where I won't find the same ol' dishes as everywhere else?
minty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you have Matsuri, which is a sushi chain , a good one, and also you have wonderful Japaneses restaurants in paris, such as Kinugawa or Akasaka...both tried and liked by yours truly... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: