Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

The joy of meeting C&Zers face to face
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A riddle wrapped in a poem is how I'd describe our Madame.

"It's hot ham water."
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaking of wrapping Erin..have cabbage rolls a cookin' ~ fiddly and scrumptious...Siegfried loves it when I dip into the German cooking Wink

'n sweet Erin..in the scheme of things methinks your description is, at some times anyway, spot on! at times I feel like a conundrum Wink ah, the journey we've all said "YES" too! I have rather interesting chats with folk on that one ~ the idea that you've said "YES" in some way or other to BEing you. Methinks that's what's happened...a certain friend of mine can't take that idea on at all at all. However, it makes more sense to me...that I've said "YES" to the journey of me...that we've all said "YES"..otherwise, IMO (I'm new to that IMO business...) it's sort of random nothingness or we're some kind of puppets...'n I don't subscribe to either. oops golly haven't I gone on Wink

Socceroos play Italy 1am our time...streets in Leichhardt have been closed off to traffic...for any who know Sydney Leichhardt has for many years been a thriving Italian area..Bar Italia..oh, that gelato!!!

hugs

madameriddle
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now..here we are in September...our garden is in full-bloom ~ bursting? that word doesn't even come close Wink

'n in a couple of days, along with my dear husband, I'll be in another part of this wondrous globe!

Paris to be exact!!!

'n the wide-smile producing anticipation of meeting C&Z folk....can I believe this? 'n probably Mademoiselle C&Z herself...'n the Debbie Dame...oh the organiser extraordinaire...'n the generous Alisa

Wonder if Tim Berners-Lee would like to join us ~ see...the thread of life..all all all interconnected...from Tim's idea...enabled Clotilde's idea...enabled Debbie's idea...enabled Alisa's idea...on and joyously on it goes...the power of thought..the power of AN idea!

the wonder of the day
the joy of Clotilde's creation
the ripples of it

rather like our garden...I, too, am bursting

now....a little sleep would come in handy ~

my fingers will race across the keyboard sharing the moments...

'n now..dare I say it...pack Wink
Pamela Therese, stop laughing this minute!

oh 'n a few games of Scrabble with my Papa..Scrabble! now there's an idea for a thread...played a game with Dad a few weeks back..his score? 515 Very Happy

hugs to all
Barbara

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a wonderful time Madame. I'm green, very green with envy.
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara Daling..you're as light as a feather...so come, travel on my shoulders..and that goes for anyone who'd care to come along with us..

my darling Sieg would laugh at the mention of green...as you know Barbara, my skin tone isn't what you'd call milky white!...florid in capitals!

oh ok..since you asked FLORID ~ so here I was, on a certain day in Queensland..heat heat heat...a dress up day...so I thought..the green foundation..the tinted stuff to tone down this red...must have overdone it 'cause the man said I looked very much like The Incredible Hulk Wink

so much Paris...so much exquisite Paris!

plus the megaliths at Carnac 'n such..the wonders that await!

I'll do my very very very best to share memories of the evening..photos? by the zillion...time to pack....(would prefer to make more icecream really...packing ain't my favourite thing to do! )..a friend came to farewell us and wondered what on earth x, y, 'n z were on the table..."gifts" said I... Wink

remember..open invitation to fly ..alongside Sieg 'n I...
hugs
David

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....the wonders that await! Live! Live! Live! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!

I do believe we have Auntie Mame tucked away inside, and not to deeply, our own madame!

Have a glorious journey!
Rainey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David-

That was one of my favorite movies (Rosilyn Russell, natch!) and she was one of my favorite characters when I was 20. And it/she still is today! Imagine my surprise when I found out Patrick Dennis was an orphan and Auntie Mame is actually his reminiscence about her! Well, maybe it's a reminiscence on steroids, but still, that's how he felt about her.

It's one of the things that always makes me happy. I'm glad you seem to enjoy it too.
David

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed Auntie Mame remains one of my all time favourites---and yes it must be the divine Miss Russell. Patrick Dennis also wrote another one "Around the World with Auntie Mame" and there is a biography of Patrick Dennis titled Uncle Mame by one, Eric Myers!
KathyD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: For Clotilde... Reply with quote

Clotilde......this is such a fun place !! It's food, it's art, it's humor, it's philosophy etc etc etc !!! It would be great to meet everyone who contributes.

My daughter Melissa was very happy to have been able to meet you and Maxence at your get-together in San Francisco in July(?). She went because I introduced her to your website and explained your trip. Coincidentally, your meeting was scheduled at the bar in San Francisco that is her friend's favorite neighborhood hangout. AND......she met a co-worker there, whose wife is a fan of C&Z ! Coincidentally also, she is a computer programmer who lived and worked for a while in Mountain View (now with Lawrence Livermore). She is a novice cook, and very enthusiastic (I had no patience with my kids in the kitchen, shame on me...but have made up for it with my granddaughter).

I'm sure that everyone would agree that you made the right decision to be our full-time Clotilde.....and to do what you really love to do. Thanks so much !!!
Debbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here we are after a long and tiring day of scouring the brocantes.... Madame, Siegfried (Captain Ambrose - for any golf players reading..), Alisa and I.

Wayne and I have been feeding them nothing.... but giving them glasses of Pineau and cognac... Twisted Evil No complaints from Madame, and the Captain... but I don't know if their tongues are working properly after that alcohol..... Wink We will start on the calvados tasting next.. Shocked Joy oh joy says Madame with her head on my shoulder and a glazed look starting to appear..... Laughing

Barbara, since you are on Madame's shoulder, I have poured a few wee glasses for you too. Hope you enjoy them and don't get a hangover...

Since we are in cyberspace, you have cyberspace nanoseconds to get yourself here to play with us... BYOG (bring your own glass) Laughing Laughing

Oh golly this day has been delicious...Deb and I..at different times had checked out a stall...old kitchen wares...tins etc...HELLO Alsia!..more joy...gotta hug the gal..within nanoseconds a question ...any baking pans...different shapes etd? ..yep thought Deb and I in sync ...did that girl every buy up big...a generous batch of goodies...

Lunch ...warmth of friendship...again the wonder of Chocolate and Zucchini...that we did this today...4 sitting at table...sharing stories...at home at home...in company...laughter and sparkling eyes...this day I will remember as such a day...Alsia, fingers crossed for Tuesday!

Can you hear these darlings laughing?

Over and over...merci to Sir Tim ...and Mademoiselle Chocolate and Zucchini...a linking of ideas methinks...the power of thought..the power of an idea....let's not forget that chums all...

I am drinking in this city....

hugs

The brocante was great. I bought a limoge teapot and sugar bowl at an absolute bargain price, as well as a sable fur collar to add to one of my coats.

Madame... well, hold the woman back... she is a brocante demon!!!! Will let her tell you all about it now.

Darlings'..can I can I can I believe this!!!! Try as I might I find it difficult to find the words...Barbara 'n Judy...remember how filled with joy I was to meet you...well, same deal here...Sydney, Adelaide, Paris...all spots on our home planet. OK focus girl...the brocante! First find? the dearest little brooch in the shape of France...with the rivers thank you very much..so what was one to do! ~ there's a little bar at the top...waiting for a word to be engraved...any suggestions? next? the postcard boxes..."SOUVENIR DE DIJON" (addressed Madame Braebet a Montmorency le Chteau) with dear little sparkle dots on SOUVENIR....'n a dear Christmas one that will be 100 years old next year...holly red berries and such...plus I found a sort of crumpled one in the gutter...asking to be picked up I felt...it 1906 stamp..Bois de Boulogne...it will travel back by plane to Sydney...did it ever know this I wonder..what was in store for it all those years ago...

'n a spoon...with a hook...it sits on the glass edge and used to scoop out any fruit etc from a drink...(The fun of listening to Wayne, Debbie, Siegfried, and Melissa in conversation as I type...laughter...shared memories of odd tv commercials...deep conversation!
Wink
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

back from dinner...oh my!

have just seen that perhaps some of the above post is a bit convoluted...not sure why...oh yes I do...my typing and the new computer...

now 22.20...I'm delighting in listening to the conversation...laughter and story sharing...more and more delights!

There is a Spanish saying : my home is your home....This is how I feel tonight at #55!

Listen carefully and you'll hear the laugther..
Rainey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! I am missing soooo much!

Madame's in Paris? Scouring flea markets with Debbie and Alisa?! Sounds like the prescription for pure pleasure to me! Have a wonderful time enjoying one another as I know you will! I hope you'll get to visit some of Julia's old haunts too. Or maybe our patron saint, the redoubtable Ms. Child, doesn't have the same draw for Australians... I dunno. I just know when I was reading her account of getting to know Paris I pictured what she was describing through Debbie and Alisa's eyes.

David, I'm going to look for those books. Thanks so much for letting me know about them.

I have something I hope will make your cooler weather more fun. I just have to get a lot of stuff in packages and get them all out. It should only take me another 3-4 weeks..... Evil or Very Mad Donna, take note too. I haven't forgotten. Only slowed to a crawl through design showrooms.
Barbara

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie - how did you know? I love Pineau. Sounds like you are all having a wonderful visit. Madame - I hope you popped by Proust's grave. Morrison had no guard when we visited but I can understand why they would need one.
Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really Barbara! It is my fave aperitif too... Laughing

I have a favourite producer who comes to the Salon des Vins each year (twice a year it runs) and he always sends me free passes to the Salon. First stop is to his stand where he always has special bottles tucked away for us with our names on them. Also chocolates filled with Pineau - so luscious...

Rainey, we talked about you and Alisa and I both said how much we loved you and how generous you are. Her kids love you to bits!

What a night we had last night. After dinner at the local Creole resto, we came back here for coffee and nightcaps and more chat. Poor Madame and the Capt had to walk up the hill afterwards (they are only staying 2 blocks from us)....

Anyway, must dash as we are going on a tour of a restored Hotel on the Isle St Louis this morning... can't wait!!!!!!!
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How exciting! And if it's this much fun reading about these wonderful meetings, it must be incredible to actually be there.

Madame sent us a 4-page letter this morning, which I won't even try to summarise, I wouldn't be able to do her writing justice, but if anyone wants to read it, email me and I'll forward it to you.

I'm going to be in Auckland next week - Barbara has been warned! I'm sooo looking forward to meeting her. And I have chosen my reading matter while I'm away - Julie and Julia. I'm glad you mentioned her, Rainey. I've been saving this book for a special occasion, and a week in Auckland should suit it perfectly.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

Jump to: