Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Chocolate Chip Cookies à Paris?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RebeccaL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Chocolate Chip Cookies à Paris? Reply with quote

Hi, does anyone know if/where I might be able to find nestle tollhouse chocolate chip cookie dough in Paris? You know, the ones where you just peel off the squares of dough and bake right away? Or another brand with a similar concept? Merci beaucoup!
minty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ! well, I don't think you can find this brand, but in major supermarkets such as Carrefour or sometimes Monoprix, you can find the same thing under a french brand, I think it's HERTA .... Very Happy
Ann

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Herta Reply with quote

Hi Minty,

Herta is indeed an excellent quality brand. (especially their frankfurters which can be microwaved in 1 minute with some delicious English cheddar cheese on top! Their bacon is great too) However, they are originally German. The name 'Herta' comes from the German town of Herten, where Ludwig Schweisforth opened his first butchers shop. The 'Herta' brand was created in 1947 and was acquired by Nestlé in 1986.

Just a bit of background info....

Ann
minty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, you're right, of course.... Very Happy ; I wanted to say "a brand you can find in France" : can you confirm it for Rebecca though ?
Ann

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rebecca,

If you are looking for 'Nestle tollhouse chocolate chip cookie dough', then Minty may be right that Herta is the brand to look at. If Nestle now own Herta, they may even have exactly the same product under the Herta name.

Happy shopping! I think I may go and have a look myself. Quite fancy some warm cookies, fresh from the oven. Mmmm!

Ann
Randysea

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a bit late, but last December I decided to make real American chocoate chip cookies for a French friend's birthday party. I had to go to

Thanksgiving
20, rue Saint Paul
75004, PARIS
01 42 77 68 29

and

The Real McCoy
194, rue de Grenelle
75007, PARIS
01 45 56 98 82

to get all the ingredients: The correct chips, of course, dark brown sugar, and oatmeal (flakes) are essential parts of my recipe. None of these are the same in French stores. I don`t remember what I did for the baking soda, but maybe I bought that at one of the stores above, too.

I made 6 dozen large, crispy cookies in a small oven - took me over 5 hours - and they were scarfed up by the crowd.

Now that I'm taking pastry classes at Lenôtre, I have the problem in reverse: finding equivalent flour, cream, and butter in the US.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: