Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

favourite (or favorite :-)) quirky word
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Griffin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you weren't eating when your belly was laughing! Very Happy

I am glad that you had the full belly laugh too and not just the half belly laugh also known as the Gigglesqueak.
Rainey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harpospeaking wrote:
I learned a new word in French, and I love the way it sounds. It's "cacahuete" which means peanut. I love the fact it's a legitimate word that starts with "caca." Wink

That is one of the words I learned when I was living in France several, several decades ago.

My high school French was awful, and I am not sure how the patron of the local tabac got it through to me. He was ancient and huge, a member, he said, of le Résistance and his name was Lionel. What I remember to this day is his enormous sausage of a finger pushing into my chest while he said lots of mysterious things including cacahuete and arachid.

I have forgotten so many of the things I've learned in my life but I have not forgotten Lionel or Juliette, his wife. And I haven't forgotten cacahuete or arachid or that they are le même chose. I also remember that cacahuete is from the African and arachid is from the Arabic. And that he communicated all that not with the words that were mostly unintelligible to my very English-speaking mind, but with his finger applied to my chest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: