Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

How can I find a family to cook for in Paris?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chevreandpears

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: How can I find a family to cook for in Paris? Reply with quote

I came to Paris to cook. The markets, the wine, the produce, not a day has past that we haven't filled our house with some delicacy or another. My girlfriend (also a professional cook) and I have been in heaven. But where she found a job as an Au Pair, I have yet to find a find a job. I have done catering, private cooking, and worked in fine dining resturants, but my french is not what it should be after four years of French in a pubic school, and I fear our trip will be cut short. At this point I would do anything food related as long as it kept us in Paris. For the Love of Food, HELP!
pistache

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could go down the usual route of ads in the local paper, or posting business cards wherever you can (not in phone boxes !!)

What you really need are contacts, to be introduced to a Parisian family.... There must be a France/USA association or club, which you could join and make yourself known ?

Anglo Info is a good source of help http://paris.angloinfo.com/

Bonne chance !
pistache

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a look at the Anglo Info jobs offered section... There is something that might suit you there... Be quick !!
chevreandpears

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

yah, i checked it out but it was taken already. I am really looking to do more of a private chef thing because i've been cooking in restaurants for a long time. If anyone knows anyone interested in a chef for dinner or cocktail parties let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: