Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Looking for specific Zucchini Bread recipe from Marian Morah

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rottenlivia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Looking for specific Zucchini Bread recipe from Marian Morah Reply with quote

Hi there! What a wonderful site this is. This is my first time posting and I have sent this site to both my daughters. One loves to cook and has recently graduated high school from the Culinary dept and my other is ...well...she offers to clean up when we cook. To give her credit she is branching out and we can now eat when she tries. Shocked

What I am looking for help in is two recipes that were published about 1982 or 1983. In the Victory Garden Cookbook from pbs. The Zucchini Bread and the vegetable stock called Nage. They were phenomenal!
My daughter loaned my books to someone who pinched them and I never saw them again. Would anyone have a copy available and could post the recipes for me? I would be soooo grateful!
Kim
Donna

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim, can I assume you've googled it? I hate to be obvious, but I have found all sorts of info from "back in the day" on Google.

Donna
Rainey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to suggest looking under Victory Garden but I see that you know that.

I used to love Victory Garden. And the book looks like it's well reviewed too.

I just ordered a copy so you can ask again in a week and I'll be able to help. OR if you really wanted to have another copy there are many offered at under $12 for a used copy.
Rainey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From The Victory Garden Cookbook by Marion Morash but paraphrased to respect copyrights:

Vegetable-Flavored Broth (Nage)
makes about 1 quart

• 3-4 onions, roughly chopped
• 4 carrots, sliced
• 1 clove garlic
• 2 leeks, white portions only, thoroughly washed and sliced
• 3-4 stalks celery, sliced
• Herb bouquet: bay leaf, 4-6 sprigs parsley, thyme, 2 coriander seeds, 1 clove
• 1 sprig fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
• salt and freshly ground pepper
• pinch saffron threads
• 2 quarts water

Put it all in a stock pot and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat and keep at a low boil until reduced about by half. Strain and reserve broth only.

There are two zucchini bread recipes. One is lemony and makes a single loaf from a pound of zucchini. Nuts are optional. The other is flavored with nutmeg and vanilla and makes 2 loaves from 2 cups of zucchini. Nuts and raisins are optional.

Hard to compare 1 pound and 2 cups, I know, but those are the distinctive differences that I hope will help you make a choice. Tell me which one you want and I'll type it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: