Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

christmas shortbread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kabbles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: christmas shortbread Reply with quote

Hi, another request from Australia! I am searching for a simple shortbread recipe that lavendar can be added to. Also i want to do small squares but not tooo chunky. All the recipes i have seen make quite a chunk and i am hoping for a more delicate morsel. Any ideas??
Rainey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try these: http://www.recipezaar.com/119032

I'm sure you can easily substitute lavender for the tea. OTOH, they're unique and yummy with the tea, so maybe you want to make a double batch and have some of each... Wink
Kabbles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou Rainey, I do enjoy reading all your contributions on the forums. I am hoping to find more time in the new year to become more active.

I will try the recipe on the weekend.

Merry Christmas...and I might just salt my turkey!!
clotilde
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you grind a cup of sugar with a tablespoon dried lavender (do make sure the lavender is unsprayed and fit for consumption), you will get a lavender-flavored sugar that you can use in place of regular sugar in any baking recipe.

As for shortbread recipes, my very favorite is this one: http://chocolateandzucchini.com/archives/2006/11/shortbread.php
monkey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like to make my shortbread cookies bite sized. i would imagine a tablespoon of pulverized dried food quality lavender per cup of sugar would be a welcome variation.

nothing brings primates together like a good snack!
www.TheresAMonkeyInTheKitchenAndHesGotAKnife.com
woodstocker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

monkey, I love your cookie making demo. very cute.
Clearly it is not the lovelorn sufferer who seeks solace in chocolate, but rather the chocolate-deprived individual, who, desperate, seeks in mere love a pale approximation of bittersweet euphoria. Sandra Boynton.
Kabbles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: smeg oven dies!! and shortbread dreams crumble Reply with quote

Hi everyone, sorry i didn't get back regarding my shortbread making. Just as i was about to bake, ingred all at the ready my oven died!!! it is only 18 months old-a large smeg which i love. It needed a new switch and this was only done the week of christmas. I then cooked turkey and pork and christmas was great.
Then i thought ok i am still going to cook my shortbread..oven died again 2 days after christmas!!! The repair guy was away and it has only just been fixed. So today i decided to bake Greek honey christmas biscuits-melomacarona. Oven on first to heat-it worked... all ready for the oven and it dies AGAIN.. i had to go to a neighbours to cook them. They are dipped in honey syrup after they are cooked and then sprinkled with ground walnuts. The biscuits are delicious and are helping to keep me calm about the oven...or maybe that was the glass of wine.
monkey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, your oven cooked christmas dinner and decides to go on strike when you attempt to come near it with delicious treats made with sugar and flour. it must be carbohydrate phobic!

nothing brings primates together like a good snack!
www.TheresAMonkeyInTheKitchenAndHesGotAKnife.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: