Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

now that's funny.....?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: now that's funny.....? Reply with quote

A T shirt caught my eye this morning...in a store....all Christmassy and all...

it read:

DEAR SANTA
DEFINE GOOD

I smiled. Then got to thinking about humour....oh ok you darlings in the States...humor. My brother and I share a great love of "The Far Side"...can remember a day when we showed a book of those cartoons to our father...page after page after page without so much as a glimmer of a smile. One man's meat etc....

The original "The Odd Couple" had me in stitches...

This funny business is so personal isn't it!

Anything funny (iyo Wink ) caught your eye recently?

(I've only one word-T shirt...it reads "so many books, so little time")
Barbara

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is funny Madame. Bryan has a t shirt with a picture of Elvis on and the words He's dead, get over it. I've hidden it this week it so he doesn't take it on holiday with us.
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara, you're soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mean Wink

Word Tshirts are amazing things....most I see and think either "nope, a zillion $s wouldn't have me wearing that" or "corny"....however some, like Mr Bryan's ...and dare I say...my book one....are worth much more than a second glance...

hugs and humour....such a pair don't ya reckon....

whatever you celebrate at this time...be it a traditional celebration or something a little other....may it be coated in hugs and humour and love...that I wish you all....

I tell you what WILL NOT be funny...if my puddings have had a dose of too much sun...they were outside to dry...and in the "am still getting used to being in not-cold weather" have left them outside....usually they then come and reside in the house...fingers crossed...
Knifethrower

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A teeshirt spied in a window of a gift shop in the middle of Nowhere, Arkansas:

KEEP HIKING, I HEAR BANJO MUSIC!

If you cannot laugh at yourself first, you have no right to laugh at all, I suppose!
woodstocker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen, that is a good one.

The other day I saw a picture of someone wearing a tee that is definitely not politically correct, but as it was food related, I'll put it here. "Meat is murder. Tasty, tasty murder." It made me wish it came in men's so I could get it for my dad who is a self-labelled meataterian, but alas, I have no idea where it came from.
Clearly it is not the lovelorn sufferer who seeks solace in chocolate, but rather the chocolate-deprived individual, who, desperate, seeks in mere love a pale approximation of bittersweet euphoria. Sandra Boynton.
Rainey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve swears he's getting a T-shirt made with the slogan he read on a bumper sticker in Berkeley: "I was born just fine the first time." I'm sure that will be offensive to some, but if there's anything my baby enjoys it's p*ssing off selected people.

Me, I'm partial to the Pastafarian T of the Flying Spaghetti Monster creating Adam: http://www.venganza.org/

Meanwhile, I love "Define 'good'"!
Jaffolk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodstocker, go here: http://www.threadless.com/product/490/Meat_is_Murder_Tasty_Tasty_Murder

I just recently saw this shirt, because Heather of dooce.com was wearing it. So I checked it out and it brought me to the site I linked to above.
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'I've got a black belt... in keeping it real.'

'I'm what Willis was talk'in bout'

'What are you talking about? I am Cananadian'

The first two are in my workout t-shirt collection. The last one, I bought my husband. Everyone thinks he's Canadian, even Canadians.

Usually I am against shirts with sayings and whatnot but, sometimes they really can be funny. Dave Cross has a bit about t-shirt irony and hill folk, it kills me.

"It's hot ham water."
woodstocker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaffolk, I saw it on dooce too!
Clearly it is not the lovelorn sufferer who seeks solace in chocolate, but rather the chocolate-deprived individual, who, desperate, seeks in mere love a pale approximation of bittersweet euphoria. Sandra Boynton.
emilyj

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The girl who works in the University library near me has a t-shirt that says "librarians are novel lovers".

I'm a sucker for a good pun.
Deste

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone probably knows about this tee-shirt since it was easy to find the quote online:

"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam"

I have a catapult. Give me all of your money or I will fling a huge stone at your head.
carina

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cave ne ante ullas catapultas ambules Wink
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deste...it's rather like a Latin "Show me the money!"...I knew a bishop who could converse in Latin....oh oh my! such skills...

I also like this:

Brevis esse latoro obscurus fio -
When I try to be brief, I speak gobbledegook.

Although I've friends who think that both brief and non-brief moi speech is gobbledegook. Wink
DRoszak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Priceless!! Reply with quote

Here's what I saw recently on a word-T shirt...

"What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about???"

Thought provoking and hilarious!!!
Griffin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deste, Carina, Madame,

There's a fabulous book I found and captured in the University Library when I was at Leicester called 'Latin for the Illiterati' which has phrases of all kinds in Latin. There's a volume 2, but I am still waiting to get that one. It won't escape me for long tho' I am intent on capturing it from the literary undergrowth.

A more wistful than funny one I liked was Mortuis Libamur - Let us drink to the dead. ...tho' it doesn't say how much to drink to them!!

I've seen a man wearing a T that had the phrase, 'Brad Pitt has my other body' on it. To which my response was, 'Catherine Zeta-Jones has mine and won't give it back'. Crying or Very sad ... I just hope she's taking care of it that's all. I'd hate to get it back all tatty...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: