Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Pear Vinegar-Savignon Blanc reduction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msue

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Pear Vinegar-Savignon Blanc reduction Reply with quote

Blisstone posted a question in the Cooking forum that got me started on a vinegar reduction mission. This recipe uses a d'anjou pear vinegar (my bottle is from Cuisine Perel), and is intended to be a sweet sauce that could be used as a glaze on a fruit tart, drizzled over ice cream, or maybe as a garnish on a plate with a plain pound cake.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup Savignon Blanc
3/4 cup pear nectar
1/2 cup pear vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
juice of 1/2 Meyer lemon
lemon zest from 1 whole Meyer lemon

Method:
Put all ingredients into a sauce pan and stir to dissolve sugar. Heat to a gentle simmer, cooking until the liquid is reduced to about half or even less. The more you cook, the thicker the final sauce will become. Use extra lemon juice if you need more tartness, more pear concentrate if you need more sweetness (although this will sauce be plenty sweet, trust me).

Cook's notes:
You'll need a little sugar in this, but probably could reduce the sugar to a couple of tablespoons if your pear nectar already has sugar in it. It all depends on the level of sweetness you are trying to achieve.

I also think you could have a different (but good) sweet reduction by eliminating the pear nectar entirely, and keeping most of the sugar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: