Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Candied Kumquats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cynthiaLW

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Candied Kumquats Reply with quote

I just happened onto this site today as I was researching Ile de Noirmoutier. One of your newsletters talked about potatoes from that Is. Well, as I looked a little further, I was startled to see the recipe for Lamb stew with kumquats and pinenuts. Last November I made some candied kumquats from a recipe I saw in Cooking Lightly and I was searching about for various ways of serving them. No one seemed to have a particular recipe, just general ideas. I will definitely be trying this recipe. I recently started making a recipe I found at epicurious.com for Moroccan Chicken with plain fresh kumquats, prunes & squash seasoned with cinnamon and cumin. I love it, however instead of using a whole chicken, I just use 8 chicken legs. Its easier than cutting up a chicken, I enjoy the taste of the darker meat, and portion control is easier. The kumquats are a great accent to the sweet prunes and the spices tie it all together.
Rainey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, cynthia. I'm glad you found us and the recipe you were looking for. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: