Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

I've just quit my job!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a blast! Thanks for asking, Rainey. I'm sleeping at the right time, not feeling tired all the time, more time for my family and friends.

I've been concentrating on building up my online book sales, and they have really started taking off. People are buying for Christmas, and I've had time to find some good books.

Greg's selling some books for me on TradeMe in NZ also, and his own sales are going well. We have found a great postage alternative to Australia Post which makes it cheaper to post overseas, so we're hoping that will boost sales.

Ahem (outrageous self-promotion coming ...) .... for anyone in Oz and NZ, I'll be getting Clotilde's book when it's available through Greg's audiobook suppliers in the US. We'll try and get it as soon as it's released, and will hopefully have it close to when it's published in the US.

So we're not close to starving yet, and I'm not looking for work. I'll do enough nursing to be able to keep registered, but will see how online sales go after the Christmas rush is over.

For anyone interested in what I'm selling, here are a couple of links

The Bookshelf of Oz

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Craft-Oz_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm

Seems that a few C&Zers are nurses. It's that caring, nurturing, food thing, isn't it?

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
Griffin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judy,

It's so good to know that you've landed on your feet and are in with the books too! Also that you are having a great time - long may it continue.
JustMe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Judy.

I think more of us need to de-stress our lives these days. Brave and wonderful decision!
Judy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to Rainey's question on another thread, life is great and my creative and marketing energies are being directed towards setting up my own website. It currently has a whole 4 books sitting it, but it does have a working checkout and a gorgeous banner, designed by someone with far more artistic talent than moi - that's just about everyone!

Most of my book sales are still via Ebay, but an increasing number are from another Australian auction site, and hopefully more and more will come from my own website, The Bookshelf of Oz

So I'm not missing nursing, definitely not missing the night shifts or the sleep deprivation and I'm having a ball, meeting other booksellers and people with their own websites.

And I haven't even made one loaf of bread yet, although I did buy some yeast yesterday.

msue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judy, I missed your original announcement, so I should offer a belated congratulations on a courageous decision! Several friends have taken a similar plunge, only to discover that life afterward has many rewards. Many years ago I left a job/career that had morphed into something entirely awful. Lo and behold, I felt a sudden freedom to pursue choices that previously I had no time or energy to consider.

Your website looks nice; great job with the cheerful color and accessible design!
Judy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your kind words, msue. The website is only 3 days old, and has a loooong way to go, but it's always good to get feedback, specially when it's positive!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: