Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

dejeuner avec les momes - dinner with kids

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
claudine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: dejeuner avec les momes - dinner with kids Reply with quote

I'll be visiting Paris from 10-15th April. I know where to eat with friends or have a romantic tete-a-tete but, for the first time, I'll be taking my children. they're 6 and 3 years old and have adventurous tastes (they'll eat camembert and moules). Could anyone suggest a place for lunch which we'll all enjoy? We're staying in 10e but will be all over Paris. Thanks!
Rachel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is quite what you had in mind, but if your children's adventurous tastes stretch to Jewish/Mediterranean, you and they might enjoy L'As du Fallafel in the Marais - or if you want to go somewhere a little less frenetic, Chez Marianne just up the same street (rue des Rosiers). Another nice find in the Marais is the cafe in the Swedish Cultural Centre (can't remember the street off the top of my head, but I think it's in rue Payenne), which does lovely sandwiches and salads and wicked cakes. And as far as bistros go, Wadja (rue de Grande Chaumiere, near Montparnasse) seems quite family-friendly - I've only ever been for dinner but have been past a few times on Saturday lunchtime and it seems to be a favourite family lunch spot. Hope that helps!
claudine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

I've been to Wadja in the evening and they're great. Maybe I'll go back with the children. The Swedish cultural centre is a good suggestion too - is that the one that's also the 'cafe de danse'? As for your other suggestions; they're not old enough to be fussy about what cuisine something comes from. Thanks so much for replying. I'd love to hear more suggestions from anyone else who knows...
David

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claudine--I wish I could remember the name of them but there is a chain of Belgian "moules et frites" joints including a lovely big one on the Champs d'Elysee that would be great fun with kids! As I recall the prices and service were decent too! Perhaps one of our Parisiennes might know what I'm talking about.
minty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the chain you're talking is "Chez Leon", but it's not very french ...you also have a chain called Hippotamus, which specializes in meat , and a nice chain with French food called "Bistro Romain", with some desserts like chocolate mousse and some courses like carpaccios which as served as many times as you want -sorry, can't remember the english for "a volonté"...thta's great with kids !
Rachel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to be of help! The Centre culturel suedois has nothing to do with the Cafe de la Danse, as far as I know... it is indeed in rue Payenne (3rd) and open noon-6pm.

Oh, and while I think of it, there's a place in the Latin Quarter called Le Bistro aux Tartes which does delicious sweet and savoury tarts. I don't remember the exact address, but it's at the top of rue de la Grange, opposite square Viviani (very close to Notre Dame).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: