Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Paris in June

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady Jicky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Paris in June Reply with quote

My husband and I are going to Paris in June this year and I was hoping the "Choc's and Zooks" could tell me what food , restaurants/Bistro's and places of interest one should not miss out on .
I have been to Paris in Spring and Autumn but never summer. Due to health problems , this will be my last visit to Paris , my favourite place in the World. Like Edith Piaf I am hoping for "No Regrets" LOL
Thankyou.
David

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Lady Jicky and may your final visit to your favourite city be the best yet! I haven't anything to tell you directly as you have already been to the city and seen the sites/sights but make sure you check out some of the other forums in this section as there are a number of restaurants mentioned in previous postings. I hope some of them will strike home for you. All the best.
David
Lilia Dignan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Paris in June Reply with quote

Lady Jicky,

Like you, my favorite city is Paris. I know in my heart that this last trip to Paris will be wonderful for you. I just heard from a Parisienne friend that on April 1st, Yves Camdeborde (he is former chef/owner of La Regalade and before that one of the chefs at Les Ambassadeurs (Hotel de Crillon) called L'Odeon. It apparently is the talk in Paris right now. Another favorite of mine is L'Ardoise at 48 rue du Mont Thabor in the 1st - telephone 01.42.96.28.18 (near rue de Rivoli & not far from Place Vendome).

Wishing you the best and I know you will make some beautiful memories you can treasure from this trip. I'll be thinking of you!

-Lilia
Lady Jicky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Paris in June Reply with quote

Thankyou David and Lilia for your kind wishes. I have a heart/lung complaint and it will be my last big flight. I come from Australia and its one hell of a long flight and the Doctors said "OK but..." Its the oxygen levels in the plane. I don't know what it is about Paris but I just love it. Anyway, I am one lucky duck ! I have been there a couple of times. I love to read what people are doing and whats new so you can imagine my huge list of "Must See and Do" . If my cardiologist saw how big it is , he'd be the one passing out! LOL
If you see a silly staggering old couple of Aussie 's celebrating their 50th birthdays together ( we both turn 50 this year and what a great present we decided to give eachother -Paris) please say "Hello".
Love, Melinda (Lady Jicky)
creampuff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been doing a lot of research for my own trip to Paris in May. IF there is something you are interested in but haven't been able to get info, please let us know, maybe one of us will have info or contacts for you.
My own last trip was 20 years ago, so I, too, have a very long list. Let us know your interests cooking, fashion, shopping, art, architecture, cafes, whatever, so we can help you figure out the wheres and hows.
Take care
Lilia Dignan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Paris in June Reply with quote

Dear Melinda (Lady Jicky),

I wish you and your husband "Bonnes Anniversaires" for your 50th! I celebrated my 60th in Paris and look forward to my 65th next year, hopefully in Paris as well. Hope I can talk my husband into joining me (I have a winter birthday - February) and he prefers the fall for a Parisian trip.

Like Creampuff, I've accumulated lots of favorite things to eat, to see and little places to shop. Unfortunately, I will miss both Creampuff's and Lady Jicky's trips. I will be there in between. Will be happy to add more things to your list if you still need more info.

Enjoy and make wonderful memories! Please take care of yourself!

Love,
Lilia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: