Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Book Tour Events
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> The Chocolate & Zucchini Cookbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clotilde
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Book Tour Events Reply with quote

If you'd like to try and make it to one of my book tour events, here's the full list. Hope to meet some of you there!
Griffin

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurrah! See you in London on the 20th of June. Enjoy the adoration... hmm, The Adoration of the Cook... must be a painting of that.

I'll try and remember to bring the champagne truffles, which are among the wonderful things you deserve. I will also bring my copy of the book for your autograph. Then I shall tell everyone that I met THE Clotilde Dusoulier.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rats! I'll be long gone from London by the 20th and will miss Clotilde in Berkeley/SF before that as well. (Come to think of it, I'll miss Griffin, too. A double whammy Sad .) I shall send my purest celebratory thoughts, however, and hope that a few of them find my way to you somewhere or another. Congratulations again and best wishes for a wonderful tour.
georgia

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

??? That "Guest" above...c'est moi...Don't know how that happened...

The Anonymous Georgia
Griffin

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well oh anonymous one, you might miss Clotilde, but I live in the UK so you can always email me and set up a meeting in London. We can check out the National Gallery or the V&A... or Pain Quotidien perhaps! That's my kind of daily bread.

Email me, we'll do lunch!! Wink

And I shall be happy to pass on your best wishes to Clotilde when I see her.
Rachel

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I get to meet Clotilde AND Griffin! Very Happy

After some hinting from me, my boyfriend is getting me C&Z as a present for finishing and submitting my thesis (which happens three days after the book comes out). I can't think of a better use for all my new free time!
bainst

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that this is shameless. Embarassed However, I have very little pride, and have no problem begging. Whomever is going to be in San Fransico for that event, if you are willing, I would pay to get an autographed copy of a book and if at all possible a photo of Clotilde signing it. Since I'm stuck over here till October, I will most definitely be missing all the events. Mad If anyone says yes, I will FedEx the price of the book and S&H fees. Thank you.
Griffin

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bainst,
If I can, I would be happy to do that when she's here in London... even tho' I'm a Brit. Anything to keep you happy, er and preferably safe too!

if the resulting happiness keeps you safer, then I'm glad to do it for you. But you would have to wait until June 20th!
np36

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Iraq Reply with quote

What are you doing over there? I'm going to tonights dinner in Cambridge, MA with my wife and we will have two books I believe, so I can send you one ...

Justin

bainst wrote:
I know that this is shameless. Embarassed However, I have very little pride, and have no problem begging. Whomever is going to be in San Fransico for that event, if you are willing, I would pay to get an autographed copy of a book and if at all possible a photo of Clotilde signing it. Since I'm stuck over here till October, I will most definitely be missing all the events. Mad If anyone says yes, I will FedEx the price of the book and S&H fees. Thank you.

www.justinide.com
bainst

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP36,
Thank you so much. Very Happy I am working in the Operating Room in a Trauma Hospital over here. I will send you a message with my address. If you can send me your address, I'll send the money ASAP.

Griffin,
Thank you so much for your offer, however, it will be easier for someone in the states to send it, since the way my address works is that mail goes to New York then it comes to Iraq. Bu thank you again. I'm still very jealous. Wink
np36

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bainst wrote:
NP36,
Thank you so much. Very Happy I am working in the Operating Room in a Trauma Hospital over here. I will send you a message with my address. If you can send me your address, I'll send the money ASAP.

Send the address and the name you want the book signed to ... I'll make sure it gets to you, I can front you the money until sometime I might need something in a Trauma Hospital ... Wink

Justin

www.justinide.com
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin, welcome to the forums, I notice you have just joined us. We're very pleased to have you here.

What a wonderful offer you have made to bainst, which I'm sure will be repaid to you 10-fold. Not just in money, but in other people' generosity to you.

In a world where people barely know or trust their next-door neighbours, to take the time and effort to send something to a complete stranger on the other side of the world is really something special.

I have just visited your website, Justin, your photography is incredible. Very powerful, thought-provoking images.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
bainst

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to thank Justin and Griffin again for being so nice in helping me out again. And even though I have no access to a kitchen over here, I am going to treasure my book till I get back and get to actually use it. Very Happy
Griffin

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bainst,
No problem... and at least you can imagine how you'd do the meals and who for and at what time... until you come home safe. I can't stress the coming home safe bit enough... You'll have yet another incentive with the book won't you?! I mean apart from that little detail of living to a hundred and causing trouble when you get home!! Smile
cigalechanta

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Boston book signing Reply with quote

The event at the French library was wonderful. Clotilde is a charming, witty speaker. She's thin and has beautiful skin. I made the mistake of not buying the book wheh I arrivd because after the food and wine, the book line was longer and some were buying several copies and the books were sold out but she was gracious to sign bookplates for those of us who couldn't purchase the book at that night.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> The Chocolate & Zucchini Cookbook All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: