Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

bravo Tetsuya!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: bravo Tetsuya! Reply with quote

"Sydney restaurant Tetsuya has been ranked the fifth best in the world, but Spanish eateries took top billing in a list of the 50 best restaurants in the world published on Monday, with three in the top 10."

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/04/24/1177180605816.html

Am wondering who has eaten where! Would love some "This-is-how-I-experienced-itt stories" Smile

The Fat Duck!...just checked the website...the tasting menu includes "sound of the sea"...during the week I heard that you are given an ipod to listen to seasounds as you savour the sea food....the radio presenter thought initially it might be a bit offputting, however when he remembered it was Mr Blumenthal ...all was ok...it seems some patrons thought the ipod folk were rude Wink until they realised what was happening...

imagine the possibilities...matching food with music..or sounds...creme brulee...either dairy sounds or fire

happy day
gingerpale

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madame you're a riot--fire and dairy sounds? (Pa! The barn is burning!)
Some el Bulli genius will figure out how to amplify the sound of wheat growing, or grapes fermenting, or salt crystalizing. This could become very silly.!
David

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pim over at chezpim.typepad.com/blog/ was one of the lucky ones to have the opportunity to try "sounds of the sea" For her take on it take a quick trip over to visit her.
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh oh this web! Wink from one thread to another....
Barbara

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've eaten at Tetsuya's. but you already know that Madame! It was his birthday the day I had lunch there so to have had Tetsuya cook lunch for me on his birthday was pretty special.
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not met him...have met you though Smile ...'n something tells me there is a common lovely spirit...you 'n he
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: