Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

television...memories :-) etc
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Griffin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhh... now I wish I'd seen Howie the Turtle! ... and Little David too!!

Lots of university students in the late 70s here used to be big fans of Sesame Street... which is a little worrying in some ways! Another favourite here was The Magic Roundabout which was a British version of a French children's show. It starred Dougal the dog and Brian the Snail... and my own personal favourite Dylan the rabbit who played guitar and was always having a nap with the words 'Like Cool man.' We were never in doubt that Bob Dylan was the reference... tho' it was never officially confirmed!
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H.R Pufnstuf - does anyone else remember this show?

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
David

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hee hee, Razzle Dazzle was hosted by a very young Alan Hamel--who has been married to Suzanne Somers forever!

Griff--I was very very skinny with popping eyes as a child---and blond until I was five (I was blonde again at 40 something but that is best forgotten)
Griffin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judy,

I definitely remember H.R. Pufnstuf! There's a cd called Saturday Morning Cartoons with cover versions of songs from shows like The Banana Splits, Scooby Doo, Spiderman and the like. I got it for the Ramones cover of the Spiderman theme tune!!! It has the Violent Femmes doing a version of Eep Opp Ork Ah Ah and a cover of the Pufnstuf theme tune too... er, as well as a suitably psychotic version of the Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy song from Ren and Stimpy!!

David,
I am a definite dark brown haired geezer, with brown eyes (must be all that chocolate!) but I have short-sight eyes drat it! I also had bluish lips and fingertips as a kid what with being born with a hole in the heart. I'd like to think that it was a sign that I am of royalty with the blue blood an' all... but alas it was just that my blue blood didn't have oxygen.... tho' that might explain a lot about the royals now I come to think of it!! Laughing

I also remember both the Wacky Races and Catch the Pigeon! Mainly for Dick Dastardly and Muttley who I loved! We always tried to do Muttley's laugh and never could!
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How amazing When I first started reading this thread I had no recollection of what I watched on TV as a kid, but it's slowly started coming back to me. As an adult I don't watch any TV, except for my beloved E.R. which we actually download and burn to disc.

More memories

The Wombles

And from my teenage years, there was an Australian music program, Countdown, which was on every Sunday evening at exactly the same time as Disneyland. I have 2 brothers who are 7 & 8 years younger than me, so of course they wanted to watch Disneyland, but I was at serious risk of being a social outcast in the high school playground on a Monday morning if I couldn't discuss what had been on Countdown the night before.

Best Countdown moment was when Prince Charles made a special guest appearance (who on earth though THAT was a good idea?!) and the bumbling host, Ian 'Molly' Meldrum said to Charlie that he had been in London last week and 'saw his mum'. HRH stiffened and replied 'You mean Her Majesty, the Queen'.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
Griffin

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do remember the Wombles - they even had a pop hit called 'Remember you're a Womble'.
Nicki

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to love listening to the Wombles LP my parents had (although I was too young to have been part of the TV series)

Anyone ever seen Captain Pugwash with Master Bates? How did they get away with that?!

You're so right about Buffy - my favourite part was the dilemma she faced in regards to Angel...should she sleep with her older boyfriend? Would he turn into a complete arse if she did?

Everyone had to love Saturday morning telly Smile
emilyj

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judy wrote:

Best Countdown moment was when Prince Charles made a special guest appearance (who on earth though THAT was a good idea?!) and the bumbling host, Ian 'Molly' Meldrum said to Charlie that he had been in London last week and 'saw his mum'. HRH stiffened and replied 'You mean Her Majesty, the Queen'.

Laughing Judy, that is absolutely hilarious- I could just see Molly saying that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: