Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Book Tour Events
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> The Chocolate & Zucchini Cookbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donna

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it was a wonderful evening last night at Cody's in Berkeley. Clotilde was in fine form. She was introduced by Derrick (I think that's his name) from the Obsession with Food blog. He was one of a handful of food bloggers when she got started in 2003. There were probably 50+ folks there and I think fewer than half were familiar with the blog (that was what I could see from my vantage point, when she asked for a show of hands), so she talked about how she morphed herself from a software engineer into a blogger and subsequently a cookbook author. It was interesting to hear it, even though I am very familiar with the story. She is very animated in person - no, REALLY! Laughing

I expected her to look weary after this whirlwind tour, but she was as fresh and vibrant as could be! This is kind of a homecoming for her. She mentioned that she spent the day in Mountain View -where she and Maxence worked for 2 years - yesterday, and she has many friends in this part of the world. She spoke for about 20 minutes and then answered questions for another 20 minutes or so. As always, in Berkeley, it was quite a diverse group of folks - young, old, men, women etc. etc. etc. I brought 3 books with me and bought another one there for her to sign. She was very "sympa" and posed for a pic with anyone who asked.

I may drag a friend to the Ferry Building on Saturday to see her again. It's hard to resist the Ferry Building and its Farmer's Market on a warm, sunny Saturday in May! I will be hoping to meet Lilia there. I am glad for her that she has today free to rest - and eat!
Lilia Dignan

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an exciting Saturday afternoon at the Ferry Building with Clotilde (in person, I couldn't believe my luck). How charmins she is and she lights up the room when she smiles.

Clotilde started with her life in Mountain View as a new graduate of computer science studies to intern and all her adventures in California and how the concept of starting the food blog at the very beginning and meeting all the would be friends and of course her "philosophie de cuisine" which we are all familiar with. It is almost like being with her in everything she's done - much like how I feel when I read her posts. Too bad for me, I had to leave as soon as she signed my book as I had to go to Mountain View to babysit my three-year old granddaughter.

DONNA, if you were there, I'm sorry to have missed you. Next time, I promise to stick around longer.

The cookbook is wonderful! What a wonderful way it was organized - great reading besides - something one can cozy up with near the fire enjoying all the vignettes that accompany each recipe. The pictures Clotilde took and used are so great. Knowing that it is natural (no lacquer or chemicals sprayed on them) and still edible just adds to the enjoyment of the whole.

We are all looking forward to the next book - due next year - another booksigning in San Francisco - possibly a get together for members of the Chocolate & Zucchini Forum members.
Donna

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I have not been successful - so far - in attaching my photos of Clotilde in Berkeley, I thought I would share this...

The San Francisco Chronicle had an article today about Google and their authors program. At the very end - 6 paragraphs from the end - is a mention of Clotilde.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/07/23/DDG3GR3PHE1.DTL&type=books

But even better is this link to Clotilde's talk at google on YouTube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EAAkVJjAMTc

Enjoy!
msue

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna, thanks for that YouTube link! I was unable to travel to any of the book signings, so it was a real treat to enjoy the virtual experience!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> The Chocolate & Zucchini Cookbook All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: