Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Pesto Man in Paris (part deux)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Griffin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am still trying to bend my mind around spotted dick!! Shocked Shocked )

Pestoman, it's always best to smile sweetly, gulp down your wine and leave - quickly!!! Alas, I won't be there this time, but come 2008 when young Barbara is 16, I intend to be in Paris when Debbie will have either a cat or an otter!! And I shall come bearing gifts par Toutatis!

Hmm, maybe I should start a cat-sitting agency! Tho' I don't think you're allowed to take the cats away with you afterwards...! You and Wayne will have to track down some good wines... which of course may involve having to taste them first - purely in the interests of science naturally.

Barbara,
She was my first and last love. I am now sworn off the love stuff. I am sworn on to the chocolate stuff instead!!

By the way Debbie,

Quote:
Wayne says the beer is cooling down and the tv is warming up for the big race!

I didn't know Wayne was a tv racer! And who knew you could power your tv on cool beer?! It's the wonders of modern science I tell ya!
Rainey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffin wrote:

Quote:
Wayne says the beer is cooling down and the tv is warming up for the big race!

I didn't know Wayne was a tv racer! And who knew you could power your tv on cool beer?! It's the wonders of modern science I tell ya!

You are quick. You are drole. You are a delight!
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine that Griffin, anywhere, brings a particular delight to the surroundings..

Perhaps we could start sprinkling Griffin dust over the planet...we would all be in such a quirky state Wink It was around 10 hours I spent with Mr G on that gorgeously grey day in London....a smile comes as I recall it...

As I think of the forum folk I feel that each time I click on the forum it's present time...such a beautiful ongoing gift...you all are to me

And to think of Debbie and Pesto Man energy!...and their partners...well by golly gosh...is Paris ready????
swan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But, but, but...Griffin!!
Quote:
I am now sworn off the love stuff
..I've been lingering for a while now, too shy to say anything..but don't you know that I'm totally falling for you?!?!? Very Happy Embarassed Very Happy

AND I have a cat. And I love chocolate. And I don't live thát far away. And I love England. And Paris.
But, 'sigh'..I'm not a Kiwi, nor an Aussie....
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this might require a different thread Wink ...all I'd like to say is that I've met Griffin....unlike any soul I've come across on this journey...remarkable being he is!

there are things such as personal messages/emails Smile

hugs to all
Griffin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainey,

There are times when my inner imp can't help itself and then... mischief strikes! Like every cat, however old they get, they are always in touch with their inner kitten!

Madame,

I don't mind you sprinkling Griffin dust... just as long as grinding Griffin isn't involved... Shocked As for Paris, dahlink, Paris is always ready!

Swan,

You do realise that I am a public disgrace, don't you? That I am wicked, shameless and thoroughly disgraceful? That the only reason Interpol haven't arrested me yet is that it hurts when they laugh? No, really. If you are falling for me then I can only apologise. But on the other hand, unlike Madame, who met me and kept her sanity, you haven't met me yet.... heh, heh, heh!!! Twisted Evil I just seem like a nice guy, actually I am a fiend in vaguely human shape... very vaguely!!!

For example, you say you love chocolate... but you wouldn't be able to eat it with me around (I'd have tracked it down and scoffed the lot! I told you I was fiendish). I do love England too... I just wish there were some things I could change about it... like getting rid of our increasingly un-democratic government, sorting out public transport and improving the NHS, which is still as good as it gets, but could be better. I am not particular to Kiwi's or Aussies... But I will admit, dark hair and blue eyes transfix me every time. And anyone who loves art and literature... and costume will probably waltz into my steel-stone heart every time. But that said, I am just not ready to have my heart broken again. Being born with a hole in it was enough, having it broken in the past, I prefer to keep the pieces together and just be my disgraceful self.

You could always be another second family sister, I have lots of those and love them all dearly. You're blushing Debbie, I can hear you blushing!! And then there's Madame, who fortunately is also in touch with her inner kitten and therefore does not blush! ...unless Sieg knows otherwise, of course! And I will be meeting Rachel and Clotilde next Wednesday too! So many sisters... so little time!
Debbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blush, moi ?! Embarassed Laughing

Pestoman, been checking out the exhibitions and things. Musn't forget the Petit Palais is open now (was closed when you were last here) and best of all - it is free!!! Absolutely fabulous little musee with a very pretty garden in the centre.

There are a few others which are free, or only 2 or 3 euros to enter, and worth checking out. This time we must go to the Musee de Montmartre as well. Even if only to sit in the garden and enjoy the atmosphere while watching the grapes mature on the vines.

Anyway, off to finish off dinner prep. We are having a dinner party tonight with french friends...... fingers crossed that I don't make any of those really tragically embarassing faux pas while talking only french for an evening (with copious quantities of champagne and margaux)..... Wink
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

talking only french for an evening

Wow, Debbie, I'm impressed! When did you start learning - while living in Paris or earlier? It's one thing to communicate, but quite another to converse in a second language.

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My family would say I always converse in a second language..known only to me Wink
Griffin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And next week... the Mighty Pestoman, his wings outspread, gathers his beloved in his arms and flies at the speed of grinding pine nuts to... Paris!

And quietly knowing it... Paris awaits, taut as a bowstring, eager as a cat with a fish... Wayne has the tv ready on the starting line, Debbie is preparing... yes, all Paris waits... and waits... and waits!

Madame,

I myself am fluent in English and especially rubbish! Wink
Debbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I too am guilty of talking in a language all of my own....... Laughing Maybe that is what I love so much about you Madame? We are on teh same wavelength Wink

BTW The party went well and I didn't manage to embarass myself with any major faux pas, phew....

Judy, I went to the Sorbonne when I arrived here and did their intensive french language and civilisation course. I can guarantee that no one has ever worked so hard in their life as what they make you do in the timeframe.

Anyway, off to check out the sales today in preparation for the Pestoman and Madame P visit next week.

The practice birthday party is on 14th. We will combine it with Bastille Day if that is ok Barbara.

I am so excited, cannot sit still and have so many wonderful plans and fabulous treats running through my head I don't know quite what to do with myself. Laughing
Barbara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie that would be perfect. And on that night I'll be sitting down to dinner with people I've met through my own food blog. An Italian woman and her husband who contacted me through my blog after coming to live in Auckland and a blogger who has been studying in NZ and heading home to Canada.
gingerpale

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie what you say is always clear light to me! Madame S. sometimes requires a little digging a little delving a little mulling over. (But I'm never disappointed when the meaning becomes clear.)
Thank goodness for this little guy >> Wink Without him we'd have to read between the lines a lot more!
For some reason Griffin's posts are always upside down and backwards on my screen--it's annoying but even worse when the words start to blink and jiggle.. and change colors and rock and roll.. and fly 'round the room..

Any partying or over-partying done for Barbara's (and France's) fest will be a good way to usher in the new city bikes, yes?
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He flies at the speed of grinding pine nuts, I love it. That works well with my theory that he is no mere pesto man. He is in fact; PESTOMAN!! Saving the world one bland pot of soup at a time!

"It's hot ham water."
Griffin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerpale,

I have never liked words that sit still, but so long as they zip about that's fine with me!

Erin,

He is also mightily subtle in flavour and yet strong enough to banish the diabolical BLANDO the enemy of decent food-loving people - everywhere! When you are plagued with bland food, who ya gonna call? PESTOMAN!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: