Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

One Week in Krakow... Any Suggestions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaffolk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: One Week in Krakow... Any Suggestions? Reply with quote

My husband and I are going to Krakow for a week in July. I have already checked the small traveler's guide we bought and now I'm wondering if any of you have any suggestions about what to do and - especially - where (and what) to eat there.

We'll be staying right in Krakow (at least that's what I think, judging from the maps, since I've never been there) and we will have to rely on public transportation, but from the little I can see that won't be a problem.

So, has anyone here been to Krakow before and know just the right place to go for a good dinner (or breakfast, lunch, elevensees - you name it)?
simona

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krakow is a vey nice and interesting city.
A worthy one day trip from Krakow would be the Auschwitz and Birkenau deah camps just one hour from Krakow.

No more war, no more Aushwitz
Zoe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaffolk,

I don't have any food advice as the only time I've been to Krakow was in 1994. I do remember liking the city itself, which is very pretty with lots to see.

I agree with Simona about going to Auschwitz. If you have an opportunity, it's an important place to visit.
Jaffolk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a short update: We're enjoying our week in Kraków a lot. Beautiful city, great atmosphere and of course... amazing food.

I have uploaded some of our recent food pictures on my flickr account, so if anyone is curious, you can get your food cravings going there: http://flickr.com/search/?q=cracow%20food&w=45306223%40N00. I'll try to write down a detailed account of where to eat in Krakow once we're home.
David

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaffolk!! Thanks so much for posting those pictures. I really never would have thought Krakow (of which I admittedly know nothing) would deliver up such excellent and varied looking delights. I think of Poland and think of comfort foods (perogies etc.) but never would have considered how extensive the possibilites there could be! Silly me!!
Jaffolk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the thing about Cracow (as far as I heard) is that it is very Un-Polish in several ways and this also shows itself in the variety of food that you can get here. While you have traditional Polish, Jewish and Russian cuisine on the one hand you have lots of Italian, Spanish and French restaurants, dozens of Coffeehouses. Also, Turkish Kebap seems to be quite popular Wink.

The city is really amazing and highly recommendable. I would have never thought of coming here either, but my husband wanted to and I eventually gave in. I must say that I'm so glad I didn't insist on something else.
Barbara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing the pictures Jaffolk. The food looks much better than I expected. I'm not sure what I expected. I love the purple capsicums.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: