Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Do you recognize sincerity?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

15 out of 20...

fake smile...sad words

those times when the last thing you feel like doing is smiling...and yet somehow or other you manage some form of smile...there must be some word for 'fake smile'!

a dear friend of mine knows me sooooooooooooooo well I can't fake anything...she seems to sense how I am...

hugs
Griffin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madame,

I would call it the stretch - it stretching a smile on and it's a stretch to do it.

Charlsy,

Cynical can be good, it's a national pastime in Britain where our politicians are concerned. The thing is, even if it's a genuine smile... why are they smiling and why at you? Wink
Rainey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...they were the test group who didn't have to count backward by 17s?
Barbara

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gingerpale I probably should have posted my thoughts (while they were fresh) on the Dalai Lama's speech as soon as I arrived home. The first thing you notice is what a terrific sense of humour the man has. He also appears to be a very humble man, which I'm told by people who have met him, he is. He was speaking on compassion and kindness and talked how our compassion is generally an attached compassion and we need to achieve unattached compassion. When we achieve unattached compassion, kindness to all living things follows. Something he said I felt was almost aimed at me was that two people with the same illness can have totally different experiences due to their own atitude toward their illness. In Auckland he spoke to a crowd of 10,000 in a covered arena. A lot of concentration was required to hear and understand his message and I probably missed a little when my mind wandered.
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful post Barbara!...I truly CAN hear your voice saying those words..
gingerpale

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Barbara--I guess unattached compassion is like unconditional love, for the whole universe forever..
nice!
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about this idea...have an open mind and be attached to nothing...that sounds like flight to me!...

maybe 1 person every 60 billion years truly and really lives that way Wink
MissC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only got 11 out of 20. I definitely thought I would get more as I pride myself on being a people person. I am also a very gullible person though, so maybe that has something to do with it.
Rainey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly, in real life situations there would be lots more information leading to the critical moment and following from it to draw on.
gingerpale

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="madameshawshank"]
how about this idea...have an open mind and be attached to nothing...that sounds like flight to me!...

Reminds me of Janis Joplin singing "Me and Bobby McGee" --
"Freedom's just another word for 'nothing left to lose'."
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps the idea that all is fine...the comings and the goings..only a zillionth percentage of humanity lives that way Wink still, as they say, a zillionth is better than nothing...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: