Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

A Special Request
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donna

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara - You've been in my thoughts for the past 24 hours. (I can't keep track of Aussie time, so I start early and go late and figure somewhere in there I've got it covered! Wink )

I am SO Happy, elated, thrilled, delighted, pleased, exultant, gleeful, joyful, tickled and intoxicated at the news from Bryan via Madame. Now - I hope the food in Aussie hospitals is not as bad as the food in American hospitals and that you will enjoy resting and recuperating and being taken care of. Then -as soon as possible -you can blow that pop stand and get home where the real healing will take place. Along with a therapeutic dose of Australian Shiraz or Cabernet as needed!

Madame, thank you for keeping us posted on this dear girl!
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic news!

Donna, Australian hospital food is probably every bit as bad as American hospital food, but New Zealand hospital food may be of a higher standard. Let's hope so for Barbara's sake.

And the Kiwis make some great wines too!

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
Donna

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed

You know, I've never enjoyed the taste of le pied dans la bouche! Even on a cookery site! I'm hoping all - Aussies and Kiwis alike - will forgive my foe paw!

Nonetheless, I continue to wish Barbara a speedy recovery and a quick release from hospital! No matter what the food is like!
gingerpale

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is from Barbara's blog (winosandfoodies) When she was in the hospital about 3 months ago she had this to say about the food:

"..Did you know they can make marmalade without fruit? They can. I know, because I had some on my toast in hospital. It came in a little packet with no name on the back apart from This product was packed for distribution in New Zealand by blah blah blah. I'd say it was water, gelatin, sugar and some synthetic flavouring. I wondered if the company also supplied the prisons or did they get something better.

However despite the food, the service was wonderful. I couldn't have had better treatment. Such lovely nurses and they all did their best to make my stay as painless as possible."
Griffin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurrah, Barbara still going... in spite of hospital 'marmalade'! Now for the real food and the wine... of course the wine... dockers orders... well if the doctor won't co-operate...!
Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOORAY!!!!

Best news so far today.

Now for the speedy recovery....
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah...hospital food! Shocked a few years back I spent 11 days in hospital...I've no recollection of 3 of the days...however that's another matter...

the food...cardboard doesn't even come close...only the muesli was palatable..in fact it was truly scrumptious...I realised the danger of overdosing Wink ...I'd ask for extra servings..it came in a packet...I used to hand them out to staff as gifts...my darling mother-in-law would arrive with hot soups and such...

ah...hospital food!

now there's an idea Barbara...a business making real marmalade for hospitals Very Happy
Barbara

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I arrived home a couple of hours a ago and wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone for your thoughts and good wishes before I head off to bed. And no the hospital food was not any better. Cardboard is good way to describe it. When I couldn't stand it any longer I sent Bryan out to bring me back some Thai food, When I got home today I sent Bryan out to get Thai and tomorrow I may even send Bryan out for more Thai. I have been asked to particpate in a 2 year study on the effects of physio on lung surgery patients and have a set of exercises which I expect will have me running in no time. I only do the exercises for three months, not 2 years.
gingerpale

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD morning Barbara!
You said "see you this weekend", and here you are-- home must feel excellent-- it sounds like you've got the *best kind* of support, too.

(Maybe they should have a 2 year study on the effects of Thai food on lung surgery patients--pure science, yes?)
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara,
So glad you are home and that things sound positive. Now eat up, and get healthy!

Hugs!

"It's hot ham water."
Griffin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When I couldn't stand it any longer I sent Bryan out to bring me back some Thai food, When I got home today I sent Bryan out to get Thai and tomorrow I may even send Bryan out for more Thai.

Er, Barbara is there something about Thai food that helps you exercise... or was the intention to get Bryan to exercise on your behalf?! Smile

Glad you're home and hope the three months of exercise won't leave you exhausted... or Bryan for that matter!

How about some Chicken Soup to build you up again?
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't our Barbara a funny gal! Welcome back sweet one...can you feel the collective sense of love towards ye?

Oh I imagine Thai food in such abundance that you recognise the magic of the idea... Wink
David

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations and the best of health Barbara---but one question---have you ever tried Thai food?
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stop that David! the gal is resting, and hours of non-stop laughing might be oddly stressful Wink
gingerpale

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I can't help but wonder what the food is like in the hospitals in Thailand!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: