Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Am I missing something?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saskia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the post Debbie! I am going there this weekend and very much looking forward to it (even more after reading your post)! Will post when I've been there!
David

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie---Saskia---I am soooo jealous I could spit green bile!
Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, finally my two cents worth on Hidden Kitchen....

It was fabulous.

The menu
amuse bouche
roasted corn soup w/ black bean salsa
eggplant and zucchini w/orzo pepper salad
chilled crabcake w/ layered avocado and spicy mayo
malibu fish tacos
litchi sorbet
balsamic marinated steak w/ spicy peaches and onion rings
mozzarella puree w/ heirloom tomatoes
strawberry shortcake
petits fours

We had 4 different wines with the meal; 2 whites, a rose and a red, but I have no memory for wine labels so can't do better than that sorry.

Everything was so delicious and the wines were perfectly matched to the dishes. There was just enough of each course to make you perfectly replete by the end of the night. Luckily we had not eaten lunch or I think we may have struggled to finish.

My favourites - so hard to pick but I will

the roasted corn soup was the best I have ever eaten and I could have stopped there and had my bowl refilled..

the crab cake was delicious and far nicer than the usual fried offerings

the fish tacos are something that I will be making here at home as they were scrumptious

Definately worth a visit (if you can get a booking as I hear they are booked up for weeks now) and even a repeat visit. Well worth the price as well.

If anyone goes they have to pat the puppy and give it lots of love from me... I was not allowed to take it home as a "doggy bag"..... Laughing Laughing sorry bad pun, but it was seriously so cute I wanted to steal it.

David, don't spit green bile, it will ruin your tastebuds. Just save up and come visit and I promise I will take you there.
Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffin, darling, confusion is what we love about you.

Judy, I am so jealous that you have one of those iron presses - and I agree, they are fabulous for sewing. Sigh, maybe one day when I have my dream home.

Saskia, you are going to have a fabulous evening!!!! Give teh puppy big cuddles and kisses from me please... and remember I have first dibs on stealing him!
gingerpale

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie, any ideas on how to start to make some roasted corn soup that would be close in flavor? Would the black bean salsa be a must, or just a nice extra? I have recipes for corn chowders, many, forgettable, but roasted might be the key.

A puppy runs through it? How can you eat at a time like this? Please tell the puppy's name. (Gingerpale? probably not....) Soft? Color?

The fish tacos were corn tortillas, or flour? Fish tacos! Nothing better!
Debbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The puppy was called Tatty (not sure of spelling) and was so cute. He was locked away while we ate... so there was no distraction. But he came out to play afterwards. HE was a french bulldog (maybe a cross, maybe another breed - hard to tell) I think, and a dark browny colour with black and white on his face. Absolutely gorgeous though.

I have never had roasted corn soup before, so have no idea where to start, sorry. I would love the recipe though if someone can come up with it. The chef did say there was no additives such as milk cream butter etc. The flavour was just the corn.

The black bean salsa was a new thing also as it is not an Aussie thing (or french either for that matter). It was really nice though as it gave texture to the soup and the beans themselves were delicious.

The tortillas looked too white to be corn, but I could be wrong....
gingerpale

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The chef did say there was no additives such as milk cream butter etc. The flavour was just the corn.

ooh, maybe just pureed roasted corn--I suppose you couldn't go wrong with that. I'm interested enough to experiment a little, google a little.
I love cream and "cream" soup. It's almost 100F here (all week) but then you chill the soup, of course.
Hope there's a Tatty in your future, Debbie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: