Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

A bit of a c & z weekend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> The Chocolate & Zucchini Cookbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emilyj

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: A bit of a c & z weekend Reply with quote

This weekend has been a marathon for the C&Z cookbook!! This was how it happened: I was on my way to the kitchen to make Gateau de Mamy when my mother informed me that she had bought me some frozen blueberries and could I do something with them, because she really felt like blueberries. So, I decided to make the blueberry amandine tart- I set about making the pastry and was just at the stage when you put it in the fridge when I realised that I had made the Pate Brisee instead of the Pate Sablee Rolling Eyes

Not to be discouraged I made the Pate Sablee as well the tart was absolutely delicious- not too sweet, very tasty and the crust was lovely particularly the crunchy edges.
Anyway, so then I still had this pate brisee in the fridge. I looked through the book and found out that I had all the ingredients for the Cumin and Onion Quiche- perfect! I haven't tasted it yet but it looked fantastic and I have brought it with me to work today for lunch.
I decided to make the gateau de mamy anyway as I had bought some apples especially and it was beautiful- full of buttery goodness.
So there you go- three recipes in one weekend and all of them turned out well- thank you Clotilde.
joan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Onion tart Reply with quote

I'm "melting" my onions now. How did it come out? I don't have any cumin...any suggestions? Thanks. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> The Chocolate & Zucchini Cookbook All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: