Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Where were you 10 years ago . . . and where are you now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Dr. Rachel!!
Donna

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hear, hear! I, too, would like to send my heartiest congratulations to Rachel and - a bit prematurely - to SRK! Well done! Cool
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rachel, congratulations!

And srk, let us know when you receive your PhD - early congratulations to you too!

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
Rachel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all for your congratulations - very much appreciated! And I'd like to add my congratulations and encouragement to srk... the last six months of the PhD are definitely the most intense but you will get there!!

Georgia and Donna, I too have been on both sides of the fence with regard to leaving the nest (sort of)... having lived abroad for the last six years (!) I have to admit I did start out very eager to prove to my parents that I could survive and flourish far from home, but now that I'm older and (a bit) wiser, I understand their feelings (especially my mom's) a lot more. And it's all the more complicated because when I first came here I didn't really imagine that I would meet a man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with - and lo and behold, I have!

Indeed, who knows what I'll have to say for myself in ten years' time...
Griffin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurrah! Doc Rachel, Doctor of Pre-Raphaelites no less! If that don't make the V&A want to hire you permanently then what can?! I suggest mentioning your Sicilian relatives... or tell them that I will have woids with 'em round the bike sheds... assuming they have bike sheds... and I can get to them! Otherwise I will have said woids at Hotel Chocolat... between mouthfuls obviously!

And yes folks, Rachel's medievalist other half is definitely a man of discernment and a gentleman. I know, I've met him. Yes Rachel, during the next ten years, both London and Glyn may keep you here... with occasional Parisian visits of course - Musee Cluny should satisfy you both!
climbeyalex

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread gets more and more interesting. Woodstocker, fathers are really funny people, the separation anxiety thing is not really going to end. Mine left with the entire family for China and Taiwan when I was 15, I made the choice to stay here. Six years on, he still can't decide whether he's happy I stayed here and turned out relatively normal or guilty that he didn't force me to move with them to a country which I disliked immensely, so he just settles for reminding my partner, now my husband that I need someone to look after me constantly. It's a little bizzare but that's my dad for you.

Rachel, contgratulations on the PhD! That's a huge accomplishment and you've done it! Smile[/quote]
________
Edsel Ford
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: