Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

portraits from one to another..with Bach accompaniment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: portraits from one to another..with Bach accompaniment Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUDIoN-_Hxs

it is rather lovely to watch again and again...the first to the last...in this collection...

paint!
Donna

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How wonderful! It was like looking at an album of old firends! How on earth doo they DO that?

Loved it! And the music! Thank you Madame!
gingerpale

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Madame, this is terrific--

(how ya gonna keep 'em down in the burkha after they've seen YouTube?)
georgia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of friends sent me this link some time ago, and I loved it. Sent it on to other friends and then promptly bought the YoYo Ma recording of Bach's unaccompanied cello pieces, which includes the accompanying sound track. It is heavenly; I highly recommend it as a gift to oneself Laughing
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a friend of mine makes rather exquisite dolls...one in particular I thought my daughter would like...Emily had named it 'cello'...she told me she'd been listening to Yo-Yo Ma while making the doll...delightful

so glad you've enjoyed the portraits...there's something foreverness about the blending...a reminder perhaps of our interconnectedness...of our all being one as it were..

special hugs
Donna

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm Georgia - another thing we have in common! I have that CD also!
georgia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told you...separated at birth... Laughing
Rachel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Madame, that was lovely!

Donna, this probably doesn't answer your question as to how it's done, but I've seen the same morphing technology used to similar ends... in the entrance to the children's exhibit at the Art Institute in Chicago, they've done the same thing with a selection of about 100 of their paintings (some of which I was pleased to see are also in the YouTube version!), but both men and women and not in chronological order. The summer I worked there as an intern I used to arrive early every morning and be hypnotised by the morphing portraits!
Donna

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess, from watching my son manipulate images on the computer - is that it's not all that difficult. But it IS just stunning to view1 The way the next picture seems so similar to the previous one; as though whoever did this lined up a series of images by their similarities. As i say, watching Ben, I don't think you'd even have to do that...
gingerpale

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All beautiful faces look alike? There must be strong similarities, because everyone immediately recognizes and agrees on which people are beautiful. Symmetry of features? Even infants respond better to pics of pretty women, I've read/heard somewhere!

But that is apart from the morphing--remember that old Michael Jackson video that morphed several VERY different faces into one another?
georgia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What strikes me as I look at these faces is how many of them are familiar to me -- not as works of art but as faces of women I have known! Just as connecting with some ancient artifact in a museum, it's another one of those moments that reinforces for me the continuum of human lives. It's both humbling and exhilarating.
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connessione: A recognition and appreciation for the connectedness of all things and phenomena.

**************************** from the stars we came..and we are all part of the same...

there are times when I look at the horizon...from the water's edge..and think of all those drops of water...all part of the great water...as we are part of the great life ~ I wonder if the water knows
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: