Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Hello ^_^. I have a question about a special kind o cake...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Hello ^_^. I have a question about a special kind o cake... Reply with quote

I believe it was on one of my trips to either France or Germany, but I had this delicous chocolate cake. I thought it was called a Chocolate Fondant, but it seems like fondant is a more general term than a specific recipie.

The chocolate cake was filled with a chocolate sauce and I am struggleing hard not to go into a raving drabble of compliments to this small desert... but It basically was a small dome made of chocolate cake filled with a chocolate sauce... I know that my description is pretty lacking in much description, but it was some years ago that I had it, the memory of the joy it brought me overshadows the memory of the sensations ^_^.

So, do you have any idea what I am talking about? Anyone?

I am a Highschool senior in America and last year I took a cooking class at school and have just started cooking at home again and would love to try to make this chocolate cake!

Anyway, much love for your website... i think im going to register hehe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is me again... I just found a recipie for it at http://www.cacaoweb.net/chocolatefondant.html .

So I guess I was right that it was called a Chocolate Fondant Smile. I am now slightly worried about trying to make it and making someone sick from salmonela in the eggs since they are not fully cooked according to this.

Does anyone have any advice?
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: advice...:-) Reply with quote

dearest Guest ~ bake 'n enjoy! ~ oh, you simply MUST register..become a fully fledged member of this tribe ~
monkey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's a little salmonella when it comes to a delicious chocolate dessert?

just because the inner part if liquid does not mean that it has not been cooked enough to kill those pesky little salmonella bugs. if you are concerned, you can purchase eggs that have been pasteurized in the us that will eliminate your need for concern. i'm with madam shawshank. bake and enjoy! then let us know how it turns out... and do register so that we can send you the instructions for the official secret handshake.

monkey

nothing brings primates together like a good snack!
www.TheresAMonkeyInTheKitchenAndHesGotAKnife.com
Armius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya, I am the guest questioner... just wanted to say I registered Smile
monkey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah! someone will show up at your home to demonstrate the handshake with in 24 hours. make sure you have a cake ready for them to taste and a nice beverage.

welcome aboard!

nothing brings primates together like a good snack!
www.TheresAMonkeyInTheKitchenAndHesGotAKnife.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: