Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Pasta by absorption with zucchini and cacao nibs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> The Chocolate & Zucchini Cookbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crumbseverywhere

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Pasta by absorption with zucchini and cacao nibs Reply with quote

I just made this and posted it here:
http://crumbseverywhere.blogspot.com/2007/07/farfalle-par-absorption-with-zucchini.html

In a word, EDGY! I'm learning a lot about combinations from this book. Congrats Clotilde!
Rainey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried any of Clotilde's recipes yet (due to not having a kitchen yet) but I was able to make her risotto method pasta on a hot plate some time ago when she blogged it. Isn't it delightful?!

I hope and expect to be as enchanted by many of the recipes. It will be so great to get to see.

What are you going to try next?
jenn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did this recipe last night. I had to make a few changes due to lack of ingrediants---used slivered almonds [toasted in a little butter] instead of cacao nibs, red onion instead of yellow. Oh and didn't have any stock so I added saffron to the water.

it was awesome. there were NO leftovers [the small monsters had seconds and would have had 3ds but alas....] which made me sad...can't wait to try it again...........
Rainey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenn- I hear your regret about no leftovers. But it's soooo easy to make some more with whatever else you have on hand. This is a perfect time of year for chopped fresh tomato and some herbs or some primavera combo of veggies.

I'm sure you'll come up with something terrific. This method is infinitely adaptable and oh-so-much fun to turn conventional pasta on its ear! Wink
Griffin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenn,

When I do it, I add herbs to the water... then a good dollop (a technical term! Wink ) of pesto afterwards!

My first try at the absorption method was with salmon, then with chicken and only after I'd done it with lots of other things did I remember to get the cocoa nibs and try it with those!! It's such an adaptable recipe.
Rainey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooh! Salmon sounds wonderful and no one in my family other than me likes salmon. Fortunately, pasta by absorption (is there any other kind; even boiling pasta is absorbing water; I prefer to think of it as the risotto method) is fantastic for single servings.
Griffin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The salmon was wonderful... even if I had to use a very sharp knife to cut the skin off!! I began with the salmon, onions, herbs and pepper and then the pasta. Then I finished with cherry tomatoes and mushrooms and the zucchini/courgette sticks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> The Chocolate & Zucchini Cookbook All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: