Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Special celebration, need nice restaurant in Paris!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ninou

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Special celebration, need nice restaurant in Paris! Reply with quote

Next week is my man's 25th birthday + our 5 year anniversary, we are coming to Paris for a few days (we live in Brittany) and I would really like to treat us with a nice restaurant friday night (the 24th).

Does anyone know any good one in the Seventh Arrdt or any other part of Paris ?

I would be sooo grateful if anyone could help me on this!

Thanks! Wink
shelli

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: special celebration in Paris Reply with quote

Ninou, I don't know if you need an upscale resto to make it a special event, but here are a couple of places in the 7th that I've liked, which are not fancy but are yummy. A couple of weeks ago I had a great meal at L'Ami Jean, 27 rue Malar (01 47 05 86 89), chosen from a selection of Basque specialties as well as lots of game. It's very informal, friendly and popular.

Slightly more upmarket is Le Clos des Gourmet, which I've very much enjoyed in the past but haven't tried again this trip. 16 Avenue Rapp (01 45 51 75 61). A tiny but tasty seafood choice is Les Fables de Fontaine, the second tier restaurant of Michelin-starred chef Christian Constant, at 131 rue Saint-Dominique (01 44 18 37 55), or go for the splurge at Constant's Violon d'Ingres, just down the street. All of these are in the 7th arr., but the choices in other parts of the city are even more interesting if you're willing to go afield a bit.

Have a great time and happy anniversary.
Ninou

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thank you Shelli for these adresses... I am really interested in any other place you know in Paris where I could make this night memorable! Very Happy

I'm not particularly looking for something fancy, just something very cosy and where we can have a delicious meal. I should probably also mention that my boyfriend is not that crazy about seafood. Other than that I'm open to any suggestion - keeping in mind that I have only a week ahead of me and need to make a reservation sometime soon I guess... Wink
June Silverman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninou,

Back in August, I met a friend for dinner at Le Maupertu which was in the 7th, not far from Rue Cler. It was simple but very good food. I've also heard good things about Violin D'Ingres. If you want lots of suggestions, the Internation section of www.chowhound.com is always buzzing with Parisian favorites. I hate to plug other websites, but this one is very informative.

June
Ninou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks June! I think I'll just check those out the first day of our trip in Paris and then make a reservation in the most inspiring one! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: