Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Lemon Butter Cookies (page 224, US edition)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> The Chocolate & Zucchini Cookbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aleniqu1

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Lemon Butter Cookies (page 224, US edition) Reply with quote

I made the Lemon Butter Cookies, well, actually Orange Butter Cookies because I didn't have any lemon and I did have an orange. WOW!
I brought them to a potluck. I put the plate down where all the food was, left the room, came back and found the plate was gone. They had been moved to where everybody was and there were only two left. Everybody raved about them. I received an e-mail the next day from somebody thanking me for bringing them.
They were so light! I was afraid the glaze might be too sweet but it was very refreshing.
I just discovered C&Z and this is my first recipe. I can't wait to try something else! The book is just yummy!
Perrie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Lemon Butter Cookies Reply with quote

I made them last weekend, using lemon, and they were great! My favorite part, because I have a pretty intense sweet tooth, was the lemon icing. It was the perfect balance of tart and sweet, but not overpowering on either front.

Light, buttery, and very spring-like. I feel like I should always have these around to have with tea.
________
herbalaire reviews

Last edited by Perrie on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Becks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Lemon Butter Cookies Reply with quote

Did either of you (or anyone who has made this recipe) have a problem with the dough "melting" - that is, not being so butter cookie-like and easy to cut out? I spent a long time putting these back in the fridge to firm up between steps. I may have rolled it out too thin, but I'm curious about others' experiences with this recipe. The cookie turned out absolutely delicious - I brought them to a bake sale, and they sold out in minutes -- but they took forever to make!
clotilde
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becks - Perhaps it would have helped to add a little more flour to make the dough drier to the touch?
Becks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I thought of that immediately after posting! Thanks very much for your advice -- and the recipe!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> The Chocolate & Zucchini Cookbook All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: