Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Getting together in Paris - early Nov 07 -Anyone interested?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilia Dignan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Getting together in Paris - early Nov 07 -Anyone interested? Reply with quote

Anyone interested in an informal get together in Paris in early November? I know Erin and Phil are going to be there for their anniversary. mountaingirl6co will be in Paris for a few days (solo, I believe).
We can maybe meet some of our Parisian C&Zers. It would be fun to see Clotilde again. I met her in San Francisco at her book signing. I'd like to meet Maxence as well. Madame Shawshank will be happy to hear that more of us are meeting face-to-face.
Debbie - will you be back from Croatia?
Tom (the hubby) and I are arriving on October 31 and will depart on Nov 13.
swan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Paris is only a trainride away Smile I might hop over as well - work permiting ofcourse!
I just can't be sure yet - do make your plans and I'll see if I can catch up with you guys, and Erin, maybe we'll meet in Paris then, instead of NY! (oh, and Erin,you might want to keep an eye out for your mailman shortly...Smile)
Lilia Dignan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swan, I hope we can pull this together. I can't wait to see those long eyelashes - will have them fluttering to catch a prince. I think David is finding a perfect one for you..........
swan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Embarassed Very Happy
David

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(giggle) you folks are all nuts--that's why I loves y'all.
Griffin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if my new passport arrives... and if I have the money after visiting London for four exhibitions... I would love to meet you all... the short necked swan (a rare variety that takes the train rather than flying!) Erin, the fabulous Debbie and Wayne and to see dear Clotilde again would be a lovely bonus too.

But it depends on what happens this October... name your time and place and if I can, I shall be there... if not, I shall work on sending something small care of Debbie. Not Guy La Griffe tho', he will be on the prowl!
eileen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello everyone,
yes, do keep us posted on date/place...i would love to join up, if possible. it's not too far away for me Very Happy
Mtngirl6co

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 7th will work for me - Linda, aka Mtngirl
Lilia Dignan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C&Zers Gathering

When:
Wednesday, November 7, 2007; 6:30 pm (18:30h)

Where:
Cafe le Petit Pont
1, rue du Petit Pont, 5eme
The cafe is easy to find and faces the seine just at the tip of the rue du Petit Pont (which turns into rue St Jacques). For those of you who are familiar with the Shakespeare & Co. Bookstore, it is western end of that strip of cafes and stores that face that little park.

Look forward to meeting all who are able to be there!
Debbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sorry, just back from holidays. (Absolutely wonderful, delicious, fabulous, delicious, relaxing, marvellous, did I say delicious? Croatia)

Sounds good at this stage. I actually have a few weeks work, so will cross fingers that this date is not one of my days.... Wink

Maybe I can bring Guy la Griffe - on his leash of course - if he seems to be able to cope with people by then. He is calming down nicely and actually let the cat nanny pat him while we were away!! Rolling Eyes Not bad for a scared, fragile rescue cat. Will have to make sure Griffin doesn't steal him though....

BTW ... Griffin, what exhibitions?????? Tell please (but maybe best in a PM so we don't get told off for going off subject... Laughing )
simona

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please , Griffin, exhibition list on- line on forum, please ( of course, PM's are good too), but you sure would like to share with us your pleasures
(cultural ones , I mean). I've browsed for London events because I realized I haven't been there for 7 years and it's time to return , but YOU BRITS are sooooooooooooo expensive!! Anyhow < Debbie, don't worry - if Adam and Eve/ Bad and Evil/ tree of knowledge coexisted happily together in the same topic with recipes for APPLE PIES, I'm sure London exhibitions will coexists unharmed with C& Z Paris meeting.
The Millais and Pre -Raphaelites, David Hockney ( a preferate of mine) , The chinese terracotta Army , and some more, got me on the phone with my travel agent. But I found out that having a 20 day comprehensive tour to China is the equivalent of about 1 week in London in a X rated BB!!
I'll be sure to consult with you before coming to London ( on PM of course).
Meanwhile enjoy your London museum tour!

No more war, let the muses speak!!
Griffin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie,

There are two exhibitions at the V&A - The Art of Lee Miller, an ex-model and photographer and Haute Couture from 1947-57 including pictures and clothing from the New Look, Balenciaga, Balmain and Fath as well as Hardy Amies. If you look carefully, you may even see a dress being worn by Rachel... if she finds something she likes, tho' she's more into Poire I seem to remember.

Then in Late October there is an exhibition of art from Renaissance Sienna at the National Gallery as well as the Millais exhibition at Tate Britain. If I time it just right I can get all four in one day... tho' that may be a bit over adventurous.
Griffin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simona,

You are absolutely right, London is stupidly expensive, which is why I'm hoping to get there and do all four exhibitions in one day. Of course I would love to be able to stay one night at the Dorchester, but I am not president of a small country... (at least, not yet...!)
Debbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I read about the Lee Miller exhibit. It is amazing. THe self portrait of her is stunning.

Simona, I agree. London/UK is so expensive. My husband has a brother living there, and we stay with him when we go. Otherwise it is out of our budget.

Sigh, renaissance sienna........

You will have to come to Paris and tell me all about them.

(How is that for finishing on topic?! Wink am I forgiven??)
Mtngirl6co

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Nov 7th Dinner Reply with quote

Restaurant sounds lovely. I will locate it earlier in the week so that I may meet up at the right time. How will I locate everyone?

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: