Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Cate Blanchett 'n red carpet fashion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Cate Blanchett 'n red carpet fashion Reply with quote

Gettyimages has many snaps of the gal at the Rome launch of her latest film...the heels on the shoes are 600000 cms high...if I ever do the red carpet thing I swear I'll go for comfort...or maybe the shoe wearers can somehow or other get above the pain...Sarah Jessica Parker has said her knees are shot because of the non-stop heel wearing...

anyway ma dears..what do you think of the dress...methinks it's Armani...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/film/cate-roams-the-red-carpet-ahead-of-oscar-noms/2007/10/20/1192301096745.html
georgia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh...methinks it don't fit... Rolling Eyes
clotilde
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you enjoy this sort of snapshot, you should check out this site, which comments on the most disastrous red carpet outfits...
Griffin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful dress but yes, she might want to pull it up a little!! Still, I do find her and the other Kate (Winslet) quite stunning.
gingerpale

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning actress, stunning dress--

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/3248837.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=DCB332A6E7C66BD35349377085F342D9A55A1E4F32AD3138
sweetbabyjames

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I secretly dream of wearing a giant puffy dress like that someday. Maybe they'll come back. The King & I's a wonderful story, my first live musical experience. Loved Anna & The King too, except for a couple of heavy gross moments.

But Cate looks divine. She IS divine, so classic. I love a Hollywood star who's not cheesy! And her voice in Golden Age...like butter!
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clotilde, our daughter Sophie is a great fan of Go Fug Yourself...both the oh-my-goodness ones and the well played ones...

sbj...here's some puff for you to dwell on...

http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/go_fug_yourself/2007/05/met_costume_ins_4.html

perhaps if she'd kept the swing coat.......

reminds me of a kiddy raiding mother's wardrobe..

imagine a chocolate and zucchini red carpet night...now wouldn't THAT be fun....Griffin comes to mind!!!!!
georgia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...aah, gingerpale, well done...nice tribute to a one-of-a-kind...
Griffin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit it, I do like those kind of dresses... mainly because it makes me wonder what else they have under there apart from their legs... a small horse, a week's worth of shopping... a cottage... a whole chocolate selection...!!! Smile

Most such dresses come from the mid to late 19th century styles before the Princess dress hit the scene. But Deborah Kerr's dress is so typical of it's time as I shall hopefully see next weekend when I hit the V&A exhibition.

Cate B and Kate W are definitely two of my favourite actresses apart from Her Majesty, Queen Helen Mirren and the lovely Michelle Pfeiffer... and Eva Longoria... sigh so much beauty, so little time to look...!!

On our side, apart from the long, slim, suave David, I would love to look like Will Smith or George Clooney...! ... or Katherine Zeta-Jones, I'm not fussy.
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'n then there's this one...

she was 20 when she walked that oh so long walk on that day:

http://www.powerhousemuseum.com/diana/dress.php
sweetbabyjames

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ultimate! I must've watched the video of her wedding a hundred times back then.

I've always thought it would be nice to have a royal family in the US (I know, quite contrary to the whole revolutionary thing), to help ensure a respectable head of state (ahem). Like other countries have a president for show and PM for working days. Smile I guess Hollywood is the next best thing. Just like the English have their embarrasing royal family members, we get folks Tom Cruise to shed doubt on the whole institution!

Will Smith makes a good prince and I'd vote for Renee Zellwiger as princess.
georgia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...is it sacrilege to say i never liked that wedding dress? gawd...all that "stuff"...

sorry...got up on the wrong side of the bed and far too early, to boot...

...but i still don't like it Twisted Evil
David

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hee hee, Griffin! you should amend your post to read "longing to be slim, suave......" Very Happy
gingerpale

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

georgia--I know what you mean--I could lose the the lacy ruffles
--look at this one-- http://farm1.static.flickr.com/49/108094827_42a0fbd2af.jpg
(Jackie's 1st wedding) it makes me think of an elaborate square-dance get-up--I don't like it.

The D. Kerr dress is not only sumptuous, but that indescribable pinkish coppery sunset color!

Styles do come back, but those dresses that could hide a lover or a frightened child -- never again?
Rainey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I rather like Diana's dress on that mannequin. The sleeves are less over the top than they were when she wore it (the first slide; then they puffed them all up as on her wedding day) and the profile is very Edwardian (is that the right period?) without the train. The absence of the veil also permits it to demonstrate it's own demure elegance while, all foofed up in the cathedral, it sorta wore her. ...which is not a good thing, I think.

Very Jane Austin. But then I'm a sucker for a period costume.

The train really is over the top, tho, isn't it? What could that possibly be about? Drama for the moment, I suppose, but laid out on that floor in the museum it seems pretty pointless and over the top.

Thanks for the slideshow, Madame. Is it on exhibit in Australia now?

Last edited by Rainey on Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:54 pm; edited 5 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: