Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Getting together in Paris - early Nov 07 -Anyone interested?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a lot of fun and PLEASE report back!! We want detaills!!
Rachel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, details please! I'm so sorry to have missed it - I'll be getting to Paris tomorrow afternoon. If anyone is still about on Sunday afternoon, you can see me singing in the Remembrance Day service at Notre Dame (just got roped into it by the friend I'm staying with, so I have no idea what to expect...!)
David

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rachel--that is hysterical!! Have fun! Just remember to carry a foot long toblerone and a good sized courgette so any other C & Z er can pick you out of the choir!
gingerpale

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David I was just about to sincerely explain how "In Flanders Fields" always makes me cry terrible, and here you are urging trombones and cigarettes on the choir...
Donna

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm longing to hear about this get together. Sorry to hear that Erin & Phil weren't there. Please post pics!

Lilia, Rainey is comming to the Bay Area this weekend and she and Georgia and I are hitting the Ferry Plaza Farmer's Market Saturday morning! So - We Wish you were HERE!

Or that we were THERE, more likely! Cool
georgia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an idea, Donna. Call Rainey. I'll find three tickets asap for Paris.

What a swell idea! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

p.s. gingerpale...me, too...in flanders fields where poppies grow, between the crosses, row on row... (apologies for errors)...sob, sob...does anyone read those poems any more?...anyway, can't sit around sobbing anymore...i'm off to paris with donna and rainey...mustn't be late...
David

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh gingerpale! Trombones and cigarettes!! Well it would certainly enliven an otherwise solemn ceremony! In Flanders Fields is still recited here on Remembrance Day at services across the country. In eighth grade I got to recite the second verse before the assembled masses--a privilege really.
simona

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how was the Paris meeting? anybody there to report??
gingerpale

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simona!! I was/am wondering the same..

You've seen I'm sure all the "no more war" sentiment on other threads,
makes me proud to post here.
gingerpale

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna, Georgia, Rainey.. I hope all 3 of you got together, curious to hear about the meeting/eating/shopping of course, but also wondering about the oil spill in San Francisco Bay -- you must have been right there on the water (?)
georgia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my HUGE disappointment, I was struck down by the flu on Friday and was still recovering on Saturday when our Ferry Plaza jaunt was planned. I could have cried Crying or Very sad . So, although Donna and I have become friends (and discovered we live within minutes of each other AND the same woman has cut our hair for years...), Rainey and I shall have to remain pen pals (or telephone/email pals) for the time being.

I shall just have to consider our eventual meeting as one lovely thing in my life that I have to look forward to...just wish it had been yesterday!
Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. So sorry, I have been so busy I have not had time to update.

My husband and I met Lilia and her husband last wednesday.

We had a great time over a glass of wine chatting and enjoying the music playing in the bar. Unfortunately my husband was supposed to be at a business dinner... (which he was trying to avoid, whole other story) so we had to leave earlier than we would have liked. We could have stayed and chatted with them all night.

Both Lilia and I forgot our cameras..... Embarassed

Just imagine the most gorgeous, warm hearted person you know and that is probably Lilia.

We did toast everyone though, so in a way you were all there with us.
Barbara

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How wonderful and we forgive you both for not taking the camera.
Rachel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, I like your suggestion... but I think it probably would've gotten me thrown out of the choir! (Even if they were so desperate to make up numbers that they were willing to take on a friend of an extra sight unseen - or should that be sound unheard?) But even if I had gone along with a big Toblerone and a courgette, I don't think anyone in the congregation would have been able to see me. Never having sung in a cathedral as part of a service (I've only done concerts before), I'd forgotten the small but important detail that the choir is not particularly visible from the nave... Embarassed

Debbie, the meeting sounds lovely and I'm sorry to have missed it. I'll have to be better organised next time I go to Paris!
Lilia Dignan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am back! Such a long day yesterday starting at 5:00 am when the shuttle picked us up from the hotel. We were going to take a cab but changed our minds as someone suggested that it might take a couple of hours to get to the airport if somebody decides to disrupt traffic. My, what that would do to my pocketbook that speaks US$s!

Last Wednesday was the day!. When we arrived at Cafe Le Petit Pont, I told the host that we are meeting some friends and he asked if we were with the Chocolate & Zucchini group. Then, there she was - a big smile and the luscious lips that greet us with her every post - who else but Debbie!

We chatted and chatted over our glass of Brouilly and of course, we toasted all of you accompanied by live music. My apologies for forgetting my camera. That thing seems to have a habit of staying in the hotel while beautiful people and georgeous Paris show off their stuff and no way to capture any of it!

Debbie, I promise to let you know ahead of time next time I come to Paris so we can do some fun things together.

Donna and Rainey - What a lost opportunity to meet you both at the SF farmer's market! I spent part of the morning at the Batignoles marche biologique in the light rain to see where Clotilde spents some of her Saturday mornings. What a crowd and the beautiful produit. I bought some snacks but mostly watched what was going on.

Georgia - sorry to hear that you didn't get to join Donna and Rainey either but I was hoping that the three of you would show up in Paris and then we could have gone to the Richard Lenoir Market at the Bastille the following day. It was the liveliest and biggest marche volant I have ever seen. All those years we lived in Paris, I've never visited that market. I had a ball!

Rachel - I'm sorry that I missed the memorial ceremony at Notre Dame on Sunday. We had to meet some french friends who were only available that noon. Couldn't make it back at 3:00 p.m. Hope you didn't get too wet and it was raining hard that afternoon. Maybe at another place, another time.

Swann, Griffin and Mtngirl - Sorry to miss meeting you, as well!

Lots of memories to cherish!

-Lilia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: