Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Hot hot chocolate recipes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Hot hot chocolate recipes Reply with quote

Tamar- I hope you'll see this! Slashfood brings you a link to outstanding and diverse recipes for hot chocolate. http://www.slashfood.com/2007/11/09/its-cold-time-for-hot-chocolate

It sounds to me as though the comments also have some interesting info.

Enjoy!
Julia P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't beat using real chocolate. Here's how I do mine:

http://asliceofcherrypie.blogspot.com/2006/09/ultimate-hot-chocolate.html

Mmm...I want some now! Razz
sweetbabyjames

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my heavens, there's no comparison. I use 1/2 cup ghirardelli chocolate chips to 1 cup milk with a dash of vanilla, salt, sometimes cinnamon or chipotle. Just heat the milk to almost boiling, remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate. My poppy greatly misses my real hot chocolate every year after he & my mom return home from my house at Christmas! Very Happy
Julia P

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As sweetbabyjames says, no comparison! You MUST try it. Razz
GiveMeSweets

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone checked out that Inspired Holiday site at all?
nima

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I do not know whether or not this violates the 'code of conduct' for participation in this forum, I find the on-going attempt to promote Safeway stores, by an employee not just irritating, but an act bordering on being offensive. I will trust the site co-ordinators, to regulate all such traffic, and if this kind of posting is deemed acceptable by other users, I will definitely respect that. But I for one find this kind of behaviour duplicitous and objectionable.
Rachel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nima, you're not alone. And yes, I have a feeling it violates forum rules, but I'll defer to Clotilde and the other monitors.

I should make it clear that I have absolutely no problem with an employee of Safeway (or any other business!) joining the forums as a private individual and adding their own voice to the discussion at hand (as all the rest of us do). But coming aboard with the fairly obvious motive of promoting Safeway products - that strikes me as not quite in the spirit of C&Z!
GiveMeSweets

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize if i show too much enthusiasm for who I work for. I really do enjoy the holidays as and wanted to share some holiday recipes from my companies site. I don't mean to barge it upon anyone or disrespect rules. Thank you for the variety of ideas here. Smile
GiveMeSweets

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies...are you using whole milk, skim, or reduced fat when you prepare HC? Does it make a big difference in taste? Unfortunately, my stomach doesn't agree with whole milk. Sad
Barbara

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ladies...are you using whole milk, skim, or reduced fat when you prepare HC? Does it make a big difference in taste?

GiveMeSweets - you assume we are all ladies. I don't mind being called a lady but many women prefer to be called women. What about all the men on this forum. You assume they don't drink hot chocolate.
David

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, call me what you like--just don't call me late for dinner. But Barbara is quite right--we are quite the mixed bag here at C & Z!
jenyfari

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiveMeSweets wrote:
I apologize if i show too much enthusiasm for who I work for. I really do enjoy the holidays as and wanted to share some holiday recipes from my companies site. I don't mean to barge it upon anyone or disrespect rules. Thank you for the variety of ideas here. Smile

I can't speak for the rest of the forum but I think that your forum posts were just bordering on being a little too promotional for me. And correct me if I am wrong but I don't think you ever mentioned that you were actually working for Safeways in any of them. The only reason I found out that you were working for Safeway was because you had written it in your profile (which was at least some attempt on your part to be upfront about it).

I also believe that you or someone else from Safeway is doing the same thing on another forum which leads me to believe that you and maybe others in the organisation are being paid to do this.

Now I am not here to pick on you. It really isn't my place as this isn't my forum but you have to understand that forums are very much like families. Although I haven't been on this forum for very long and can't even consider myself to be part of the family yet, I understand that coming in and blatantly promoting my website wouldn't be the thing to do.

The forum owners here are kind enough to let us promote our sites by adding a link to our website in our signature file and that has to be enough for anyone on a forum.
GiveMeSweets

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry "women" and "men". I didn't mean to discriminate. Ha! I was mostly aiming it to those who had recently posted in this forum who were mostly women. :-p I see a James and David now...sorry James and David.

So men and women...do you think it matters if you use whole milk compared to reduced fat or even skim? Razz
kjgibson

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiveMeSweets wrote:
do you think it matters if you use whole milk compared to reduced fat or even skim? :P

Yes, it does. Whole milk has more body then reduced fat and skim milks. The resulting hot chocolate will taste creamier & richer. Using some chocolate along with cocoa might offset the thinness of the reduced fat milk a little bit.

However, if you cannot tolerate whole milk then use what you can.

Cheers,
Karen
GiveMeSweets

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well The Candy Cane Hot Chocolate recipe I posted before, requires you use both Whole and Low-Fat combined. I'm guessing if you can't tolerate whole milk, it may be diluted along side the reduced fat.

Have you ever mixed both low fat and whole milk in the same recipe before?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: