Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Interested in swapping DVDs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Interested in swapping DVDs? Reply with quote

For your information ONLY. I derive no special benefit I'm just sharing what's worked for me. Judy or whoever, if you find this objectionable I'm happy to submit to your judgment and see it pulled.

The book swap service I belong to has recently diversified into DVDs and CDs as well. At the moment they're beta testing the DVD swapping. I'm a beta tester and if anyone else would like to be as well I can extend the invitation to 5 folks.

Let me say up front that it's limited to US residents — unfortunate to be sure but I'm sure it's about postal costs and postal costs are the lingua franca of this concept.

If anyone eligible is interested what you do is list 10 DVDs in good, viewable condition and in their original packaging and you get 1 credit for requesting someone else's listed DVD. When one of yours is requested you mail it out and get a credit to use for requesting another one.

Each party who lists the DVD pays the postage (around $2) to the next person and each DVD you request comes to you with no cost at all. If anyone cares to register for the book or CD swap it's my understanding the credits can be used interchangeably.

I've been using the book swapping service for at least a year now and I love it. There's more info available here: http://www.swapadvd.com/index.php
Rainey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one's interested? Seriously?

I flat-out LOVE the book swap that I've been in for almost 2 years now and I've already gotten 7 DVDs off my shelves with the expectation of getting other things I'm more interested in.

If anyone's interested, PM me your e-mail addie and I'll send you the link to the registration site.
sweetbabyjames

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to, but I don't have 10 DVDs I want to get rid of - I only buy the classics for myself. I do have plenty of books to pass on though (and plenty more on my to-read list), so I think I'll give the paperback swap a try.
Rainey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do! The link to the book swap is at the top of the DVD swap page.

I have rid my shelves of a ton of books and gotten ones I never dreamed would come up and others I didn't know existed. Patience is required but when things are free patience is an easier thing to come by! Wink
sweetbabyjames

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I'm addicted already! I posted my 10 books and already ordered two that I had in my Amazon wish list. I'm so excited! Thanks!

Hmm...maybe I should review my DVD collection just in case. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: